Senior Program Accountant
Jobs at:Never Again Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Program Accountant
Reports to Management
Internal relationships Programme Team Leaders
Job location The job is based in Kigali; however, the post holder should expect to spend up to 10% of the time occasionally in different provinces of Rwanda.
Contract Duration Renewable Annually
The most crucial part of their job is to Monitor budgets and expenditures, timely review of cash positions of donor funds, prepare monthly, annual financial management reports. Prepare donor reports.
They also need to provide clear understanding of the accounting financial software.
• Support design and formulation of programme within the area of responsibility, translating priorities into local interventions;
• Support in project management in the preparation of budgets
• Monitor budgets and expenditures, timely review of cash positions of donor funds,
• Prepare documentation needed to request for funds from donors;
• Prepare budget revisions;
• Determine unutilized funds;
• Support with the implementation of Financial software
• Support the finance unit in maintaining proper books of accounting
• Prepare monthly financial reports, bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Responsible for vendor maintenance on Banner for finance System ensuring compliance to systems,
• Supports procurement in Preparing and processing purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests and contract payments,
• Ensure that purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched,
• Maintain a payables ageing report
• Provide guidance regarding purchasing and account payable to the employees,
• Responsible for checking inventory report on regular basis,
• Prepare monthly management accounts, annual financial statements, and other reports as required by the Management team.
• Maintain an updated fixed asset register always reconciled with the Accounting software.
• Assist in the budget process where appropriate
• Support NAR partners in financial management
• Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
• Level 2 holder of a Professional qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA qualification. Full qualification would be an added advantage
• Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters of Science in Accounting or Economics would be an added advantage
• At least with 4 years’ Experience working with NGO’s and donors ( USAID, EU and others
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
• The desired skills and experience:
• Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors and pro-activeness to probe further into data.
• Deadline-orientated with strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and stick to time constraints is critical.
• Ability to work independently while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent command of both oral and written English is essential.
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment.
• Demonstrable in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Government of Rwanda taxation, employment policies.
• Expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity and conduct yourself in a manner that is beyond reproach at all times.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should submit their CVs and motivation letter to email@example.com no later than September 4th, 2022; at 5pm., “Senior Program Accountant” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered.
• Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• NAR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender. Individuals from vulnerable groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
• NAR does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
• A work plan of yearly objectives will need to be produced between the line manager and employee at the start of the year in January, after the annual planning of yearly programme; activities and events have been completed.
• The list of responsibilities is by no means exhaustive, and the post holder may be requested to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. The job description may be subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.