Senior Program Associate
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Program Associate- Laterite
Requirements in a nutshell
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Economics, International Development, Public Policy or a field related to Public Health or Education
• Experience: At least 5 years of experience managing research projects in Rwanda Nationality: Rwandan citizens only
• Languages: English
• Must-have: Strong interest in development research, outstanding writing skills, excellent client communication & project management skills
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
Laterite was founded in Rwanda in 2010, and Kigali is our oldest and largest office, both in terms of team size and volume of work. The team in Rwanda comprises researchers, data collection experts, data quality specialists, and a finance and admin team. Our project portfolio is varied and ranges from data collection (including mixed-methods studies with observational assessments or anthropometric measurement modules) to long-term learning partnerships. The team works across all our key sectors with the majority of projects in education, public health and early childhood development topics.
Within this context, the Senior Program Associate in Rwanda will:
• Manage a portfolio of data collection and research projects, including leading budgeting and work planning and liaising with our research, data and finance teams to deliver activities within timelines and budgets.
• Build and strengthen relationships with our clients and government partners through proposal development, communication efforts and overseeing the contractual and ethical compliance of projects.
• Mentor our growing research and data teams, especially on project management
• Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
As part of Laterite’s management team, you will have a voice in project selection, corporate strategy, process improvements, and structuring Laterite’s research agenda. You will serve as role model for the team, actively promoting our organizational culture, and helping us to grow and achieve our mission as an organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Step 1) Fill an application form at https://form.jotform.com/220864167419562 and please upload:
(please make sure you upload all requested elements)
Step 2) Complete a short online assessment, for which no special preparation is needed Step 3) Successful candidates will be invited for a series of two interviews
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.