Site Clerk of Works
Jobs at:University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: Site Clerk of Works
Reports to: Construction Manager
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: 100% Butaro/Site
The Clerks of Works acts as the site supervisor for medium projects and serves as the client’s ears and eyes on site for large projects. His/her 100% presence on site ensures that the client has visibility of each task done on site which provides a crucial added layer of protection and assurance to the client. As a site supervisor, the clerks of works ensure compliance of contractors’ works with project specification of materials, workmanship as well as site order per UGHE standards
• Assist the construction manager in collecting data for internal monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports of capital projects.
• Develop and submit weekly flash reports for large projects.
• Develop and counter verify all checklists used in project commissioning reports.
• Conduct physical checks on labor force, materials, and equipment and record in a spreadsheet the observations (daily for large projects)
• Supervise client-elected subcontractors and ensure compliance with all quality standards.
• Act as a site supervisor for all works directly supervised by the UGHE Infrastructure Department.
• Record all contractor submittals and Request for Information in their appropriate logs (daily for large projects).
• Monitor the daily health and safety measures put in place by contractors.
• Monitor attendance to site by all contractor and consultant key personnel.
• Facilitate access to site and site utilities to all contractors, subcontractors, and consultants.
• Liaise with local leaders to help in recruitment of local laborers and prioritization of local labor use by contractors (For both large and small projects).
• Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on construction sites (Especially for medium and small projects).
• Checking plans, quantities, and drawings to ensure accuracy (Especially for medium and small projects).
• Resolving any technical site queries and other problems that may crop up during the execution of medium and small projects.
• Ensure that all materials used, and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
• Timely report all site incidences that comprise UGHE values and standards
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or any related engineering field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in construction site supervision.
• Critical thinking and ability to resolve site issues/conflicts smoothly..
• Experience in collecting, cleaning, analyzing, and presenting large data sets.
• Experience in using MS Excel and managing large data templates.
• Great attention to detail.
• Willingness to take on new initiatives.
• Excellent written and oral communication, Fluent in English; proficiency in Kinyarwanda and French a plus.
• Outstanding Kinyarwanda and English proficiency.
• Commitment to global health and social justice.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link: https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job%2FozXBgfw7
The deadline: 13rd September 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.