Software Engineer Associate
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Software Engineer Associate
We’re looking for someone who has worked with large distributed systems and is not afraid to go in and assist with debugging or coding.
We usually respond within a day
Do you want to do work that matters? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Ampersand has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project in 2018 into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of over 120 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds and we plan to see all 5 million taxi motorbikes in East Africa electric by 2030. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth.
About the role
The Software Engineer Associate will oversee and assist in the development of the AmperOps platform. We’re looking for someone who has worked with large distributed systems and is not afraid to go in and assist with debugging or coding. This involves everything from making sure the infrastructure decisions are sound to decisions around software tools and platforms to use. Ampersand manages a fleet of batteries and vehicles and sells swaps. The software will be key to ensuring the success of the business model.
This role will report directly to the CTO. Your objectives will include the following:
• Helping shape Ampersands digital products
• Understanding user requirements and turning them into applications, running and working with other teams to understand requirements and distill them into requirements that can be transformed into applications and features.
• Bringing together and managing a team of Junior software engineers and mentoring them as the team grows
• Setup the software dev cycle from development to testing to deployment. Choose what tools to use for CI, log management and overall DevOps.
• Working on the data back-end of Ampersand to allow for data analytics and business intelligence to be extracted easily
• Looking into Machine Learning as a way of optimizing Ampersands charging and battery infrastructure
• Writing code in Python/Go/Java/JS when needed to assist in components of the process
• Work together with the hardware and electrical team to ensure synergy between hardware and software products.
Ampersand is a good fit if:
• You are ready to support people in a high growth company
• You have a meticulous attention to detail
• You are motivated by seeing your teammates grow and develop
• You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
• You value diversity and community in the workplace
• You like to get stuff done
• You love complicated systems where optimization is key
• You are not afraid of infrastructure projects and like playing with hardware.
• You like working in a fast-moving agile environment.
A strong work ethic, and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges.
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in Software Developments and large team management
• Degree in computer science/ electrical engineering is a bonus, but experience is also valued
• Technical abilities with Linux, Bash, VM’s, Docker, Networks, Distributed systems
• Experience with time series and transactional data
• Strong communication skills with a supportive and nurturing disposition
• (Bonus) Experience in a start-up environment
A competitive compensation package commensurate with experience including health insurance.
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda
Job Experience: 36
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.