Supply Chain Officer
Jobs at:World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
04 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The position is required an experienced supply chain officer to help strengthen operations and staff capabilities under the direct supervision of the Head of the Supply Chain. The incumbent will support the overall management of the supply chain activities, procurement of food, non-food and services, Logistics operations in supporting the country office, and regional operations and supply chain emergency and preparedness and response. The candidate must have good technical and managerial abilities to maximise the efficiency of the logistics operations and activities. The candidate is expected to be results-oriented, demonstrate adaptive capacities in effective supply chain management, and make significant contributions to planning and operations at country and regional scales.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide advice, analytics, and contributions to integrated supply chain operations.
• Manage supply chain operations to ensure an integrated supply chain approach meeting the partners' food assistance needs and service provision requirements.
• Participate in developing and implementing supply chain plans and procedures in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, and quality and support national capacity strengthening.
• Analyze regional/country context and design and manage the end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks to proactively mitigate and address dynamic supply chain challenges and obtain operational optimization.
• Plan and manage the implementation of innovative supply chain operations, initiatives, and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective, and integrated approach with core activities and services and closely cooperate with key supply chain stakeholders.
• Plan, monitor and manage resources to maximize the effectiveness of supply chain operations.
• Identify and build productive partnerships with counterparts amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge and resources and build capacity to ensure coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
• Perform in-depth market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
• Manage supply chain operations to ensure compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, with special emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
• Constantly monitor the performance of supply chain operations to ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place.
• Manage service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations and safeguard WFP’s interest.
• Manage accurate and timely reporting including provision of substantial analysis of supply chain activities and trends to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to a wide range of stakeholders.
• Manage, motivate and develop a team providing coaching, training and career guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
• Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of specific supply chain risks to enable WFP, governments and other partners to quickly respond and deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
• Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Transport, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or another related field, or First University degree with additional 2-5 years of related work experience and training/courses.
• Experience in managing an area of supply chain operations, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in implementing operational supply chain strategies in a country.
• Experience in designing and implementing supply chain, retail and partnership Networks.
• Experience in managing relationships and national capacity-building initiatives with the UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and government organizations.
• Experience evaluating and selecting service providers and/or suppliers.
• Experience identifying operational risks and maintaining documentation on emergency preparedness.
• Experience in implementing approved corrective actions to improve performance and monitor progress.
• Experience supervising professional staff.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Master in Negotiation, analysis and writing skills
• Languages: Fluency (level C) in the English language
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in managing an area of supply chain operations including coordination with internal and external stakeholders;
• Experience in implementing operational supply chain strategies in a country;
• Experience in designing and implementing supply chain, retail and partnership networks;
• Experience in managing relationships and national capacity building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and/or government organizations;
• Experience evaluating and selecting service providers and/or suppliers;
• Experience identifying operational risks and maintaining documentation on emergency preparedness;
• Experience in implementing approved corrective actions to improve performance and monitoring progress;
• Experience supervising professional staff.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.