Technical Finance Coordinator
Jobs at:Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Technical Finance Coordinator (Short-Term) at Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC USAID Soma Umenye will work to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda by the end of Grade 3. Specifically, USAID Soma Umenye will target all children in Grades 1-3 attending public and government-aided schools nationwide and ensure that at least 70 percent of students are able to read grade-level text with fluency and comprehension by the end of Grade 3. .
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as the lead on oversight and reconciliation of the project’s use of Mobile Money, with primary emphasis on supporting the project’s trainings, workshops, and other events.
• Ensure full financial and contractual compliance of USAID Soma Umenye activities with USAID regulations.
• Liaise with technical team to gather trainers’ necessary documents for project training costs, including but not limited to their agreements, attendance sheets, etc.
• Liaise with Mobile Money Operator(s) to initiate the registration and account integration processes for trainers and coordinators of project trainings and workshops.
• Travel to designated sites in Rwanda to conduct Mobile Money training, registration, and account integration documentation for the trainers, as needed.
• Review trainer’s attendance sheets and ensure the accurate payable and leave times are recorded for payment.
• Review back up documentation to ensure attendance sheets are supported for the actual hours/days billed and the accurate amount of per diem are being transferred to their individual accounts.
• Coordinate with the Mobile Money Operator(s) to; a) anticipate any mobile money transactional issues and plan for resolution, b) troubleshoot any issues arising on a needs basis, and c) plan for improving the overall process of new registrations and account creations based on the lessons learnt from previous registrations.
• Check in regularly with the trainers and technical team including travel to all of project sites in Rwanda to ensure their SIMs are functional, accounts are active, and the transaction of their stipends are smoothly processed in a timely fashion.
• Conduct transactions and file audit on per diem disbursement process via mobile money platform.
• Make sure that codes are attributed to the beneficiaries and are correctly used for a smooth coordination of Mobile Money payments.
• Strictly comply with and contribute to project processes to reduce risks and vulnerabilities to fraud in Mobile Money transactions.
• Contribute to accounting, disbursement, and budgetary matters, and financial team responsibilities, as required.
• Train and familiarize staff with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ policies.
• Ensure procurement compliance with USAID and Chemonics financial regulations and management policies.
• Assure timely financial reporting to USAID.
• Perform any other appropriate tasks that support the overall finance department, as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or financial management or technical education required.
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience is required in accounting and financial management of USAID or similar donor funded development activities with increasing levels of responsibility required.
• Demonstrated financial management experience in donor-funded development projects preferred.
• Membership in professional body, such as Certified Public Accountants preferred.
• Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://chemonics-soma-umenye.formstack.com/forms/https_chemonics_soma_umenye_formstack_com_forms_finance_coordinator2
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.