Technology Business Partner - Grant and Impact Management
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Head of Technology Business Partnership, the role will partner with the business to identify, rationalize, and prioritize MCF investments in Grant, Program, Partner, and Impact Management systems, technologies, and digital capabilities to ensure technology alignment with business strategy and objectives. The role will be responsible for building roadmaps for Grant, Program, Partner, and Impact Management, and manage the portfolio of initiatives leading to the roadmap targeted end state through collaboration, functional expertise, and influence. The role will ensure visibility to the business into the delivery of technology and digital solutions and diligently follows up on benefits realization from investments in technology.
Ways you can contribute
• Relationship Mgt & Influencing:
o Establish and manage trusting customer relationships with business colleagues and leaders at various levels of the Foundation.
o Ensure linkage of the technology investments and efforts to business strategy and objectives.
o Advocate technology and digital services and related innovations for the business.
o Influence business decision regarding investments in technology.
o Delivery of key Grant, Program, Partner, and Impact Management enterprise technology messages and education effort to improve organizational digital IQ.
o Work with Internal Communication Team and with external partners to improve our organization awareness of technology risks and opportunities.
o Contributes to the development and delivery of overall Technology strategy in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Requirement gathering & Solution design:
o Support the business in defining their needs in term of process improvements, organizational capabilities, systems, and technologies.
o Assess and define business needs with business staff to identify and shape opportunities for new technology solutions.
o Support business initiatives with technology components (applications, infrastructure, services) through development of business cases, high level solutions, and cost and time estimates of the technology components.
o Evaluate business requirements and drive the technical feasibility analysis, prioritization, and approval of new initiatives in alignment with overall Enterprise Architecture guidelines.
o Ensure business and technical architecture recommendations are followed to avoid over complexity and secure solutions long term sustainability.
o Prepare basic functional designs, high-level options, proof-of-concepts, and scope solutions.
o Document business requirements for Technology solutions that are useable and actionable by solution design and delivery teams.
• Demand Management/ Collaboration with PMO:
o Manage business demand by prioritizing the need for the change, the criticality of a possible delivery and alignment with the overall business strategy and key drivers
o Keep the key user and business leadership informed about the progress of nominated demand and ensure that it is presented regularly in the governance forums to test validity and overall alignment with other demand items
o Support the conversion of approved and prioritized demands into delivery projects with the Technology PMO and Operations teams
o Support projects in delivery, as needed
o Communicate Technology constraints, as needed
o Participate in PMO management meetings and projects follow up
o Remain aware of enterprise efforts and recommend combining like projects and initiatives
o Coordinate project post-implementation reviews with PMO team and projects business sponsors
o In collaboration with the business, monitor and report on user adoption and value realization (as laid out in business case).
• Capability Building & People Mgt:
o Work with staff to improve performance by providing necessary learning and developmental experiences where identified in the larger Technology team.
o Coach and support, build a pipeline of talent for succession planning as part of the Technology team.
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Financial Banking or Investment Management. Financial Accounting qualified is an asset.
• 10+ years of business work experience, including significant leadership responsibilities with proven ability to influence senior level management and key stakeholders.
• Proven experience designing and improving complex business processes end to end, engaging with senior business leaders (VP level and up), facilitating workshops on complex business topics requiring balancing between multiple constraints and challenges.
• Ability to meet business leaders where they are, influence their perspective while maintaining trust-based relationships.
• Experience in any of the following IT platforms is an asset: Microsoft Dynamics, FLUXX, SAP.
• Deep understanding of how technology enables business process execution and improvement as well as the ability to recommend appropriate and relevant technology solutions to business problems.
• Experience in one of the following functional areas and sectors: finance, procurement, international development, philanthropy, non-for-profit sector, government, industries with large operations in emerging markets or developing countries.
• Experience in areas such as change management, consulting, process re-engineering, organizational transformation, Six Sigma and Lean are appreciated.
• Demonstrated execution of effective management of a portfolio of technology and digital investments for a global enterprise. Experience in leveraging technology to enable business strategy and drive change
• Experience in successfully leading major process and systems change initiatives.
• Strong customer focus and consistently seeks input and monitors quality, reliability, and timeliness of services.
• A drive for continuous improvement.
• Are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties with constantly changing priorities.
• Demonstrates strong negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
• Possess excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation- skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
• Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving complex problems.
• Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing processes and increase operational efficiency.
• Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options.
• Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
• A team player who can work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
• French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
Deadline for Applications is June 26, 2022.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.