Terms Of Reference For Event Management Of The 2021 Rwanda Tourism Week & Gala Dinner 2021
Jobs at:Rwanda Chamber of Tourism
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR EVENT MANAGEMENT OF THE 2021 RWANDA TOURISM WEEK & GALA DINNER 2021
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is one of the 10 professional chambers that currently exist under the umbrella of the Private Sector Federation (PSF), which is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Following the establishment of the PSF, the Rwanda Chamber for Tourism was established in 2006, with a mandate of enhancing business opportunities through effective lobbying and advocacy for the tourism and hospitality industry in Rwanda
1. PURPOSE OF THE TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
The purpose of this bid is to engage a qualified and experienced service provider to conceptualize, a 1-week event business plan including implementing and managing the Rwanda Tourism Week and Gala Dinner 2021.
The primary objective of the TOR is to appoint a service provider to implement and manage all logistics that comprise the Rwanda Tourism Week event and Gala Dinner 2021. This also include the build-up to the event through various media and including the facilitation of the post gala dinner communication.
4. SCOPE OF SERVICE:
The scope of service entails the following:
The specifications for the services and deliverables being requested:
1. Creative design, development and implementation in-line with the Tourism week and Gala Dinner theme
2. Implement and manage all logistics for the Tourism Week and Gala Dinner event
3. Dinner venue arrangements
• Hire the venue
• Set up the welcome Cocktail
• Supervision of dinner venue set up and hotel service
• Setup at least 100 booth stands for exhibitors during Tourism Week.
• Protocol service;
4. Branding of the event venue
• Creation of back drop banners and signage around the venue
5. Manage venue-specific logistics as follows:
Set up booths/ Exhibition stands
• Seating arrangements;
• Creative design;
• Media Relations;
• Sound equipment and recording;
• Stage and production;
• Photography and videography;
• Audio-visual equipment in all conference rooms as required;
• Management of e-invitations, RSVPs, and registration of delegates;
• Arrange and manage appropriate VIP area;
• Ensure availability of support services throughout the event;
6. Pre-briefing and Gala Dinner
• Organize and manage the dinner event.
7. Public and media relations campaigns and media activity planning
• Promotion and awareness of Tourism Week
• Interviews with news media;
• Advertising across various media;
• Development of gala dinner social media platforms.
All of the above requirements will be fulfilled in consultation with the Tourism Chamber staff.
The required deliverables for the TOR are as follows:
• Communications plan for the Rwanda Tourism Week and Gala Dinner 2021;
• Coordination of guests attending the 2021 Tourism week and Gala Dinner
• Successful Tourism Week and Gala Dinner 2021 hosted
• A sustainable business model to have the RTW generate revenues beyond a break-even point by 2023.
6. REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
The service provider shall report to the Rwanda Chamber of Tourism. It is also expected that the service provider to provide a project report within two (2) weeks of the conclusion of the event, inclusive of an edited video of the proceedings.
8. DURATION OF THE PROJECT
The expected duration of the project is a 3 years (renewable every year), calculated from the day of the signing of the contract, preceded by pre-event marketing and mobilization and a media campaign.
For the assignment, the following characteristics and competencies are essential:
The Company should have the following:
• At least 5 years of provable work experience in the field of Events Management, Branding, and Marketing.
• Excellent digital marketing skills.
• Excellent provable experience (name reference projects) in content creation for webpages and/or social media.
• Excellent skills in social media management/advertising, google advertising, and email marketing.
• Knowledge about the structure of Rwanda Chamber of Tourism, its member associations.
• Knowledge of Tourism Sector.
• Excellent time management, and organizational skills.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Company registration certificate from RDB
• Cat least 3 certificates for completion (Good performance certificates from reputable organizations).
• Being a member of Rwanda Association of Professional Conference Organizers(RAPCO).
• Being able to demonstrate expertise in grooming an event from domestic to attracting International delegates
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please submit your complete offer including both the technical and financial proposals.
• Technical Proposal: A Technical Proposal should have a brief description of why your Company would be considered as the most suitable for the assignment, relevant expertise, and a detailed, clear methodology, on how your approach to complete the assignment will be. The Technical Proposal should also contain the’ resumes of the experts proposed and each CV must not exceed four pages.
• Financial Proposal: The Financial proposal indicates all-inclusive the total budget supported by a breakdown of all costs. The cost must be in RWF VAT included.
The proposals should be strictly submitted to both physical and on email to the Rwanda Chamber of Tourism Secretariat office located at M&M Plaza – 5th Floor, 6, KG 8 Avenue – Gishushu or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any clarification, please contact the Administration department on 0788304524.
The deadline for submissions is Saturday, 26th September 2021 at 11:00 am.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.