Terms of Referance for a Law Firm/Consultant to Provide Advisory Services to the Rwanda Chamber of Tourism
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is one of the 10 professional chambers that currently exist under the umbrella of the Private Sector Federation (PSF), which is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Background and Context.
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is composed of players in the Tourism and Hospitality industry comprised in Six associations namely:
1. i) Rwanda Hospitality Association (RHA), ii) Rwanda Tours and Travel Association (RTTA), iii) Rwanda Safari Guides Association (RSGA), iv) Rwanda Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association (RHTEA), v) Rwanda Association of Travel Agencies (RATA), and vi) Rwanda Community Tourism Association (RCTA) and one Destination Management Unit Kivu Belt (DMU).
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism(RCOT) is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community, with a mandate of enhancing business opportunities through effective lobbying and advocacy for the tourism and hospitality industry in Rwanda.
Invitation for Tender to Hire a Legal Consultant/ Law firm
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism (RCOT) with the mandate of executing its day-to-day core business, is seeking to engage a local law firm/consultant to provide legal expertise as needed both in its operations and programs implementation.
The objective of this tender is to attract a qualified professional Law firm/ consultant to provide legal and regulatory advisory services to Rwanda Chamber of Tourism for a frame work contract , period of one year subject of renewal based on the performance.
Scope of the Work
The Law firm/ Consultant will:
• Regular Legal opinions delivered in the most timely manner.
• Draft or review Agreements , Memorandum of articles and Contracts with RCOT Stakeholders, and Partners both in the public and private sector ensuring that they are correct.
• Provide legal assistance in the process of contract negotiations, Memorandum legal endorsement of performance guarantees or any other guarantee and signing of contract/grants/investment agreement.
• Provide legal assistance against any litigation arising out of RCOT’s daily business affairs or during contract, grant, or investment administration
• Interact on behalf of RCOT with relevant government authorities as and when required about contractual, commercial, corporate, and legal matters.
• Provide legal opinion and advice on operational aspects such as any changes in regulation and laws regarding theTourism and Hospitality Industry, employment, taxes, and other fields relevant to the work of RCOT in Rwanda.
• Provide direction and support to RCOT in the settlement of any disputes.
Bidding companies for the mentioned tender proposal are supposed to submit bids with the required certifications and should be valid at the date of submission of the bid document;
• Letter of interest addressed to the Rwanda Chamber of Tourism
• Valid tax clearance
• Certificated of incorporation
• BAR Association membership certificate
• Proof of being able to provide electronically generated bill (EBM);).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in provision of similar experience.
• Provision of at least 3 certificates of completion from both private and public institutions in the last 3 three years.
A shortlist will be established and the companies on the shortlist will be judged on the following criterial;
• Technical Proposal at 60%
• Financial Proposal at 40%
Proposals (both Technical and Financial) should be submitted electronically on email@example.com not later than 8th April 2022. Late bids will be rejected.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.