Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 02 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In view of the further development of its activities Enabel is currently looking for a (f/m) a Decent Work Thematic Expert to support the Decent Work and Social Protection Program.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda.
Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Expected starting date: September 2023
Salary package: Salary package: A salary package of RwF 3.351.622 in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6, Sector and Thematic Expert), The amount varies in function of relevant recognised years of experience in relation to the function.
• Under the supervision of the Intervention Manager, the duties and responsibilities under the function of the Decent Work Expert are aligned with the achievements of objectives under three result areas: a) compliance with labour standards / labour laws especially in the informal economy b) Effective social dialogue mechanisms and c) enabling environment to promote decent work (research, policy, capacities development and regional learning and knowledge sharing)
• Specially, the Decent Work Expert will be responsible for the performance management of projects contracted by Enabel under grants and other contractual modalities to MIFOTRA, trade union confederations (COSYLI, COTRAF, and CESTRAR), PSF, IPAR and other partner. S/he will also be responsible for facilitating synergy and collaboration between Enabel and other development partners implementing similar interventions in Rwanda as well as supporting related activities of the regional initiatives. The incumbent will also participate in national sector working groups as well play active roles in Enabel’s collaborative governance structures.
In general, (s)he will:
o Be responsible for performance management of the projects contracted by Enabel under grants and contracts to MIFOTRA, trade union confederations (COSYLI, COTRAF, and CESTRAR), PSF, IPAR and other partner under the decent work and social protection program, ensuring that planned activities in grants are implemented as planned, results are achieved according to targeted objectives and deliverables are reported in accordance with Enabel’s guidelines.
o Facilitate and coordinate partnerships with stakeholders and partners with roles in labour practices contributing to compliance with labour standards and social dialogue.
o Participate in the annual operational planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Decent Work and Social Protection Program including preparation and participation in technical and steering committee meetings.
o Be responsible for facilitating synergy and collaboration between Enabel and other development partners implementing similar interventions in Rwanda as well as supporting related activities of the regional initiatives.
o Provide technical assistance, recommendations, based on best practices and evidence for what works in decent work and social protection, for the implementation of social protection Portfolio in Rwanda
o Contribute to the integration and mainstreaming of decent work in Enabel’s bilateral program and strategy in Rwanda.
o Elaborate technical reports providing policy options and innovative solutions for Rwanda in expanding decent work practices.
o Participate in national sector working groups and give developmental contributions as well play active roles in Enabel’s collaborative governance structures.
o Support activities of the regional initiatives of the program including related research and knowledge sharing events
• Perform any other duties related to the function assigned by the supervisors.
qualification and experience
• Citizen or allowed to work in Rwanda;
• Master's degree in economics, statistics, relevant social and behaviour sciences, or law.
• At least 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the area of Decent Work promotion including employment records, research publications, or consultancy services with at least 2 years’ experience working with donor funded projects promoting economic and or social economic development (project management);
• Proven working experience with labour institutions promoting social dialogue is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships, especially in a multi-component project with multiple implementation partners.
• Strong behaviour and professional values, skills and attitudes such as responsibility and accountability, communication, team-work, honesty, respect, integrity, professional confidentiality, etc;
• Excellent analytical and writing skills;
• Proficient in Kinyarwanda and English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
• Results and customer oriented
• Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills;
• Demonstrate proven knowledge in institutional building and strategies development.
• Capacity to work under pressure with minimum supervision; High sense of responsibility and integrity;
• Adaptability, cultural-gender-age-religion-nationality sensitivity
• High level of rigor and integrity
• Able to fit in a collaborative governance mindset (Self responsible, accountable, authentic communication …)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda by “ filling out the application form carefully ” including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter, and a copy of a university degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application . Submit the full file no later than 2nd March 2023.Only applications sent through the indicated channel will be considered.
• Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
• Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment process.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Done at Kigali, June 16th , 2023
• Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.