(ToR)- Consultancy to Design WfW
Jobs at:Women for Women Rwanda (WfWR)
Deadline of this Job:
08 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
STRONGER WOMEN, STRONGER NATION
ABAGORE BISHOBOYE, IGIHUGU GIKOMEYE
PLUS FORTES SONT LES FEMMES, PLUS FORTE EST LA NATION
Terms of Reference-Consultancy to design WfW-Rwanda Safeguarding tools
1. Background of consultancy
Women for Women-Rwanda is a national organization that was created in July 2020. The organization has transitioned from Women for Women International, an NGO that has started operating in Rwanda since 1993 with the mission of supporting the most marginalized women in countries affected by poverty and war.
Following a growing demand to support adolescent girls WfW-Rwanda is expanding its work to with adolescent girls. To ensure we are successful in engaging adolescent girls, we have developed a safeguarding policy in recognition of how we must modify our approach, policies, and systems to meaningfully engage adolescent girls in a way that is empowering, impactful and safe.
To that end, WfW-Rwanda is seeking a competent individual with the expertise to develop safeguarding tools necessary for the organization to conduct its pilot program.
2. Objective and role of the consultancy
WfW-R is committed to offering a safe and trusted work environment and meeting the duty of care it owes both internally (its staff and board), and externally to its stakeholders (partners, the community it serves, donors, governing authorities, and consultants). To achieve this, WfW-Rwanda has initiated a process to develop a protection/safeguarding policy, code of conduct, agreements to all stakeholders, report, and response mechanisms as well as safeguarding training materials. Women for Women Rwanda expects that the policy and training aids will lead to a safer and trusted environment for its staff, beneficiaries, and stakeholders.
3. Focus areas of the consultancy:
The focus areas will be to complete assessment of tools and procedures of what is required to ensure safeguarding commitment is operational which include different tools in the following areas: Partnerships, reporting, and response, participation of adolescent girls, the preliminary work of the program design.
The key deliverables will be:
• Partnerships (ensure assessment tools are in place and the mapping out process is done)
• Guide team to ensure data sharing agreement is included in a partnership agreement.
• Recruitment (provide guidelines to HR team)
• Develop reporting and response mechanism tools
• Develop monitoring system for tracking the implementation of the safeguarding commitment
• Develop risk assessment tools to ensure the long-term participation of adolescent girls in a safe way
• Do a mapping of policies in place and partnerships to ensure we are understanding the context well.
• Review the consent forms done by the team and ensure they are youth friendly.
• Work with M& E team to Conduct FGDs and stakeholder discussions (and Key informant interviews if deemed necessary) to complete landscape analysis guide
Duration and Timeline:
The consultancy will last a total of 10 working days and will be spread through six weeks starting the first day the consultant will join the team.
Candidates who apply for this consultancy should ideally possess the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
• Master’s degree or undergraduate degree with a professional qualification and/or experience in social science and public policy fields.
• Over 5 years proven experience in building and strengthening safeguarding systems, policies, and frameworks.
• Excellent understanding of current safeguarding best practices and activities.
• Experience working with women (particularly young women) living in vulnerable contexts on issues pertaining to GBV
• Experience of supporting the strengthening of organizations, staff/partners’ capacities on safeguarding and developing training packages and activities.
• Understanding of the local context in Rwanda which is essential.
• Advanced oral and written English skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Application modalities: The interested candidates will send in their CVs and financial offers to Rwanda.firstname.lastname@example.org . Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview process.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.