Translator & Document Controller
Jobs at:Right Seat Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Translator/Document Controller (DC) (“Role”) is one position that will support the day-to-day activities related to the implementation of the Ruzizi III hydroelectric power plant activities (“Project”).
REPORTING LINES AND RELATIONS
Direct Report: Project Services Manager
Internal: Project Director, REL team
External: Project Sponsors, contractors, consultants
The Role will be split between two main aspects:
Translation - 70% of time:
• Translate Project documents from English to French and French to English, including legal, technical and engineering documentation, with attention to fact and nuance so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved;
• Finalize translations according to set standards regarding order, clarity, style, and terminology;
• Undertake research into legal, technical and scientific phraseology pertinent to the assigned assignments;
• Create and update a database of legal and technical translation terms for consistency;
• Edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared by other employees and contractors;
• Undertake simultaneous translation during meetings, discussions, calls, etc.;
• Any other tasks required by the Project related involving translation;
Document Control – 30% of time:
• Control numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by the Project;
• Set up, copy, scan and store documents;
• Create templates;
• Review and maintain the accuracy of the records, editing where necessary to ensure they are up to date;
• Liaise with and distribute Project related information with all levels of the Project team and external parties;
• Review and edits documents produced by the Project team to ensure they align with Project templates;
• Take minutes of Project meetings;
• Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects when required.
The Role will be permanent for the duration of the Project. It is office based in Kigali, but regular short trips will be required to the Project site area, domestic meetings, and international meetings. Priority will be given to nationals originating from the three countries (Burundi, DRC and Rwanda).
• Minimum of 3 years of overall professional experience in translation activities;
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Good interpersonal communication and coordination skills;
• Ability to adhere to deadlines, detail oriented and flexibility;
• A clear writing style with an impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar in English and French;
• Excellent written communication skills in English and French;
• Fluent in English and French;
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher;
• Previous experience in translating engineering documents;
• Fluency in a local language from one of the three countries
The nature of the Role requires evening and weekend work, domestic and international travel for short periods, and interfacing with external stakeholders.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and your resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Use the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.