Trek Resident Leader
Jobs at:Kurumbuka Leadership Solutions Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trek Resident Leader
Kurumbuka Leadership Solutions (Kurumbuka) uses a Christ-centered approach to develop, connect, and equip emerging and executive African leaders who have the passion and vision to transform their institutions, organizations, and communities. The Trek Resident Leader will help Kurumbuka Leadership Solutions to develop and empower emerging African leaders to live fully and freely as followers of Jesus Christ.
Trek Program is a three- month’s residency program what focuses on discipleship and leadership development for those who have completed senior six. The Trek Resident Leader will be based at our Kigali office. He/ She will operate under Kurumbuka’s arm of Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) by providing spiritual support, direction, mentorship, encouragement, cooperation, and in any other appropriate ways of assisting the Emerging Leaders Program Director.
Anticipated Start date: October 10, 2022
Reporting to: Emerging Leaders Program Director (ELPD)
Working closely with: Relevant Country Offices
Location: Masaka, Kigali
Together with other stakeholders, facilitate the process of raising the Trek students into transformational servant leaders, followers of Jesus Christ.
Be accountable and responsible for the Trek students and keep the ELPD informed at all times.
Be well informed and advise the Program Director of Trek students’ trends and resources needed to effectively “minister” to Trek students’ needs.
Mentor and guide Trek Students through the program and after the program.
Look out for opportunities for the Emerging Leaders to be involved and contribute to the community.
Assisting in overseeing and coordinating the off-site activities and partner Trek students groups especially ALI students and alumni.
Advising on plans for the residential Trek Program.
Partaking in the preparation of action plans and budgets for the ELP.
Partaking in the recruitment of potential candidates for the Trek Program.
In collaboration with your supervisor, prepare capacity-building events such as youth/ students’ conferences, workshops and seminars.
Providing written monthly reports.
Working closely with and making any recommendations to the supervisor as found necessary.
Providing any other support as required by other staff members in the interest of KURUMBUKA as an organization."> Requirements:
• Strong Christian faith and commitment to integrate faith and learning.
• Passion for the mission, vision, and values of Kurumbuka.
• Higher diploma or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Management, Psychology, Education.
• Ability to live in residency on the Kurumbuka Leadership Hub
• Friendly: He/ She must be approachable, social, quick to build friendships with the students, caring, interested, etc.
• Ability to command and win respect from students.
• Ability to plan ahead, prepare well and execute tasks in a timely manner.
• Willingness to serve others genuinely and with humility by “doing life together” with the students rather than command them what to do.
• At least one year of working with the youth as their leader or mentor.
Experience and Skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Team building & Collaboration Skills
• Leadership skills: Empowering, mentoring, coaching, spiritual care and guidance
• Communication skills
• Events planning and organizational skills
• Computer Skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda.
• Emotional Intelligence.">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Completed KURUMBUKA ‘2022 Employment Application Form’ (available to download on the www.kurumbuka.org website: https://www.kurumbuka.org/careers/ …………….
• A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with relevant certificates (notified certificates will be required if a candidate is selected, prior to signing a contract)
• A copy of Identity Card
• A cover letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are a suitable candidate for this position (max 1 A4 page – longer letters may be disregarded)
• A Statement of Faith
• Three references, including a work reference, a personal reference, and a pastoral reference
Applications, including scanned documents, shall be submitted at email@example.com and cc : firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Trek Resident Leader
Closing Date for applications: September 2nd, 2022
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a face to face interviews at our offices, Masaka, Kigali. All applicants will be sent acknowledgement of their application.
After the interview has taken place and before signing a contract, the successful candidate will submit the following documents:
• A Police Clearance document
• Notified academic qualification papers and relevant certificates
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.