Youth Cooperative Coach at Rungano-Ndota Initiatve (RNI)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We have developed RNI in collaboration with Rwanda Youth Partnership, our partners in the USA. Through this partnership we interact with supporters and mentors from the USA and other countries who support our mission. Together we are planning to scale up the program in other districts of the country.
• Participate constructively in the RNI community and establish friendly relationships with youth
• Help design and facilitate Rungano Program Days and Alumni Forums
• Support some individual youth as a mentor and through an annual home visit
• Facilitate sector cluster mentoring groups
• Help design and facilitate in RNI Business Bootcamp and Business Idea Generation Day
• Coach at least one youth cooperative business and sometimes youth personal businesses
• For staff development retreats and accompanying the annual RYP Delegation, occasionally continue work through a weekend or overnight away from home
• Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Help prepare and implement virtual events organized by Rungano-Ndota with Rwanda Youth Partnership
• Support colleagues with their responsibilities through feedback and helping each other
• Establish friendly and business relationships with youth of RNI
• Assist RNI youth in strengthening their journeys in business, including:
• coaching for improved leadership skills and strong teamwork among coop members
• helping cooperatives produce a credible business plan
• providing ongoing mentorship, coaching, and guidance
• Co-Design and facilitate sessions in training for cooperatives
• Identify material and trainings which may be of use to the cooperatives
• Maintain records and complete reports as required
• Cooperative coach shall work under the supervision of the Head of youth cooperative coaches in RNI
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
• Possess reliable, clear teamwork communication style, with colleagues, youth, and external partners
• Possess deep understanding of the barriers faced by youth who are not in formal education and employment – coupled with equal belief in their potential for success
• Demonstrate ability to build positive, empowering relationships with vulnerable youth
• Have high integrity and ethical behavior in all they do
• Are Rwandan by nationality and thoroughly understand the context of the country
• Are young themselves, because the work requires flexibility, travels, and working with youth
• Have mid to high level skills in MS Word and Excel
• Are fluent in spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the organization.
• At least a bachelor’s degree in agri-business and background in veterinary or agronomy, with at least 1 year of experience working with vulnerable youth.
• Alternatively, a diploma in agribusiness with background in veterinary or agronomy, plus 3 years’ experience working with vulnerable youth.
• Good understanding of business in agriculture and livestock sectors, including cooperative management and entrepreneurship.
• Ability to design and implement strategies for coaching groups of vulnerable youth, such as cooperatives
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.