Youth Engagement Team Leader
Jobs at:Never Again Rwanda (NAR)
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Youth Engagement Team Leader
Position: Youth Engagement Team Leader
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda with frequent travel in different districts of operation
Type of Appointment: Fixed term contract (One Year)
Report to: Director of Programs
Never Again Rwanda (NAR) is a peace building and social justice non-government organization that arose in response to the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi. Guided by a vision of a society that enjoys sustainable peace and social justice, NAR aims to engage society to embrace sustainable peace and social justice. NAR has five core pillars: Peacebuilding, Governance & Human Rights, Youth Engagement, Research, and Strategic Partnerships.
Since its establishment, NAR has placed emphasis on youth empowerment and engagement. A number of projects and programs implemented across the country, aim to empower youth with opportunities to become active citizens. NAR empowers young people with critical thinking skills, public speaking and dialogue skills, governance and democratic values, peace education, participatory approaches, and socio-economic opportunities.
NAR implements varied youth projects and programs, and all initiatives include youth as part of the main beneficiaries. Some projects aim to build the capacities of youth to be more confident and willing to come together to identify, structure, analyze and envision solutions to (policy) issues impacting their lives. Through the different projects and programs, we empower youth to effectively use existing consultative platforms (direct or indirect) to constructively engage government authorities on their concerns, needs, and priorities and hold them to account. It is against this background that Never Again Rwanda wishes to recruit a full-time Youth Engagement Team Leader.
• Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Youth Engagement Team leader will provide technical leadership and coordination of the Youth Engagement strategic pillar.
• He/she will coordinate the design, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, evaluation, and learning of youth engagement-related projects and activities including participating in the proposal writing process for new projects/programs.
• He/she will be responsible to coordinate district youth engagement officers to deliver quality deliverables within a timely manner and with minimum resources.
• He/she will be responsible for reporting on youth engagement related projects and activities. .
Role and responsibilities
Design and planning
• Co-design and implement joint programming strategies with selected partner organisations.
• Provide NAR management with technical and strategic advice on youth engagement strategies, policies, and programs.
• Ensure that projects design under youth engagement pillar are linked with NAR’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
• Responsible for planning and budgeting for all youth engagement program activities
• Coordinate the projects set up in collaboration with district youth engagement officers
• Lead projects/programs introduction at district and sector levels
• Coordinate the official launch of the projects at the national level
• Contribute to proposal design for new projects seeking additional funding under the Youth engagement pillar
• Hold Quarterly and annual planning meetings for all projects under Youth engagement pillar
• Lead the development of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual plans for all projects under youth engagement pillar
Implementation and coordination
• Lead and supervise the implementation of projects/activities under Youth engagement pillar
• Supervise the drafting of concept notes, work plans, and proposals.
• Contribute in policy analysis, advocacy, policy briefs development on issues affecting youth
• Coordinate day to day effective and quality implementation of projects under the youth engagement pillar in collaboration with district engagement officers
• Provide technical leadership in identification and selection of project beneficiaries.
• Ensure effective youth engagement in local and national decisions making processes
• Collaborate with district youth engagement officers to conduct feedback sessions with youth beneficiaries.
• Support youth engagement officers to monitor youth independent initiatives in the districts of operation.
• Lead the advocacy process for all documented youth issues at local and national levels
• Map out all youth initiatives, create and update youth clubs and associations database
Research, monitoring, evaluation, and learning
• Collaborate with NAR M&E expert to design user friendly M&E tools
• Support M&E expert to provide capacity building for district youth engagement staff on effective use of data collection and reporting tools
• Support M&E team to conduct baseline and end-line surveys and program assessments.
• Lead the collection and reporting of youth engagement M&E data using the approved M&E tools
• Closely work with a research team to conduct proposed research projects under the youth engagement pillar
• Support the director of programs to organize quarterly and annual review workshops to share progress, lessons learned, challenges and opportunities.
• Actively participate in learning events including peer to peer learning sessions, community of practices, etc.
• Ensure proper data entry for youth engagement related data in M&E database
• Undertake regular visits to projects activities to monitor progress, document challenges and lessons learned, and mentor youth associations/clubs
• Ensure proper physical and online filling system for all youth engagement program data and documents.
Partnership and collaboration
• Nurture and foster good collaboration with local and national level authorities and partners under the guidance from NAR Senior Management
• Participate and represent NAR in meetings organized by partners and donors as requested
• Engage local and national stakeholders that have interest in youth programs
• Establish synergies with other partners working in the areas of youth engagement
Documentation and Reporting
• Support the drafting of timely quality reports in line with NAR and donors’ requirements
• Support the documentation of evidence from the field to inform implementation and new projects design
• Work with M&E expert and communications team to identify and document lessons learnt and good practices
• Ensure timely and quality event /activity reports
• Provide timely supporting documents to the finance to justify funds and other resources used
The Youth Engagement Team leader must have the following qualifications:
• At least a master’s degree in governance, political sciences, democracy, human rights, development studies, or other related social sciences
• Experience working with youth, local leaders, communities, and local partners including coordinating youth projects in areas of governance, democracy, human rights, and behavior change
• Having experience coordinating programs and projects related to CSOs, government and or development partners
• Prior experience in working with donors etc.
• Prior experience in report writing, proposal writing, and research facilitation.
Professional Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
• Technical skills in planning and budgeting
• Familiar with donor requirements in program implementation and reporting
• Technical skills in youth engagement
• Technical skills in advocacy and citizen engagement
• Experience in working with youth from diverse backgrounds
• Skills in gender analysis and mainstreaming
• Previous experience working with multiple stakeholders
• Capacity to engage district and national policymakers and other authorities on matters affecting youth
• Experience working with a range of stakeholders including civil society, government, national organizations
• Strong understanding of Rwanda governance policies and government programs
• Skills in context analysis
• Experience in data collection, data analysis, and report writing
• Excellent written and spoken proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
• Strong planning skills and capacity to manage multiple and tight deadlines
• Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for the latest Windows application
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
For interested candidates, please send your cover letter, updated CV, and other supporting documents electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2021 not later than 5:00 pm. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.