Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
22nd August 2019
Date Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management Officer in close coordination with the Migration Health Officer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for duties in the finance department in IOM Rwanda. .
• Verify MHAC payment requests in order to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided and the correct project codes/budget lines (WBS) and GL codes have been used.
• Post accounting transactions in SAP accounting system and process payments through electronic banking systems.
• Verify MHAC expense claims and imprest accounts in order to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided and correct WBS assigned.
• Review and provide regular updates to RMO on the status of all outstanding debtors/creditors items and to ensure that they are regularly maintained and cleared.
• Prepare monthly office cost projectization analysis file at the beginning of each month and monitor the same for necessary adjustments within the month in line with current budget availability.
• Ensure financial documents are in conformity with relevant financial regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Maintain the mission’s petty cash, ensure the safeguarding of the cash in a locked safe and ensure cash excel log is updated on a daily basis as well as proper and timely recording in SAP of all cash transactions.
• Ensure that any cash difference is reported and referred to in the first instance to the direct supervisor (RMO) to determine the necessary action to be taken.
• Handle banking duties such as deposits, withdrawals, follow-up on bank statements and other banking information as needed by the Finance Unit
• Carry out cheque payments (supported by sufficient authorized documentation) and ensure bank log is updated with all related bank payments and receipts.
• Prepare bank reconciliations on a weekly basis and month-end closure processes.
• Monitor movements in IOM Rwanda account and ensure necessary funds are available in all accounts in consultation with the RMO
• Safeguard the mission’s checkbooks and receipt books in a locked safe.
• Other financial duties
• Maintain a filing system and to ensure proper custody of financial documents -vouchers, bank correspondence, etc.
• Process Travel Authorization (TAs) for staff members scheduled for TDY ensuring that TAs are well filled in have been assigned TA number, duly approved and authorized in good time and relevant copies are kept on file records
• Extracts monthly financial reports of all active projects and share with project managers after coordination and review by the RMO
• Provide guidance to staff outside the finance department concerning the correct application of financial regulations, rules and procedures.
• Review and suggest improvements to existing internal controls in the relevant areas of administration and finance in order to safeguard the mission’s resources
• Assist in the development of new/revised work methods, procedures, and systems.
• Assists in monitoring expenditure and commitments validity in line with the approved budgets and in coordination with the RMO initiate follow up action in instances where budget lines have been exceeded or in case of any other irregularities noticed in financial reports.
• Upon request, assist in the preparation of documentation for lodging new project code requests and in the creation of project structures in SAP, including preparation of project budgets (BNP)
• Prepare and dispatch monthly accounts to Headquarters.
• Represent IOM in the One UN Finance Working Group
Perform any other duties as may be required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action, follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs)
Appointment will be subject to certification by the Organization’s (IOM’s) Medical Officer, based on medical examination(s), that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the Government of Rwanda, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorizations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regard to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or such other related field.
• Professional certification such as ACCA, CPA or ACMA would be a distinct advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience in finance and administration
• A high level of computer literacy, in particular, MS Office and computerized accounting systems, including SAP.
• Mature individual, able to work independently, effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
• Tolerant individual with ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested
• Capable of working under stressful and difficult conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Previous work experience with an international/UN organization would be a strong advantage
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to fill the attached form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 August 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed Personnel History Form (please download and fill it) and an application letter (not more than one page) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.