INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, May 29 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to support the Head of Internal Audit in ensuring that the Audit Function delivers a high-quality assurance services to the Bank. The position Holder is responsible for planning, executing Risk based Audit assignments in accordance with the approved Annual Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. The position holder is responsible for the quality of the audit work performed and the efficiency and effectiveness of Bank’s processes.
The success in this role requires experienced personnel with track record of auditing preferably from a financial institution, the Supreme Audit Institution or in an internationally Accredited Audit firm, coupled with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while exercising sound audit methodology. The incumbent needs to have passion for strong work ethic, demonstrate integrity and excellent working relationship with all the Bank’s stakeholders. The job requires having sufficient understanding of each facet of Banking business operations and information systems to be able to make meaningful analysis and recommendations, which add value to the business. The job also requires good persuasive skills to sell the audit recommendations to Management
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Assist the Head of Internal Audit function to develop an annual Audit Strategy and plan that is practical and cuts across the entire organization
• Draw up plans for the assigned individual audit projects/activities
• Coordinating Audit entrance and exit meetings and leading the discussions
• Leads the Audit assignments in executing the audit plan within the given timelines while meeting the required quality expectations.
• Recognizing and identifying the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal controls, the compliance with laws and regulations, fiduciary responsibilities and the reliability management information utilized in decision making.
• Timely submission to the line Manager, the audit deliverables in the agreed reporting format
• Lead the production and presentation of the periodic audit reports that capture the major findings and resultant recommendations or remedial actions.
• Following up audit recommendations to ensure timely implementation/action and mitigation of identified risks.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders to understand their current and future business needs, challenges and enable a smooth working relationship
• Conduct any special tasks as requested by Line Manager and/or Management
• Any other assignment from the Line Manager or the Management of the Bank.
• Quality and timely reports
• Reliability of formulated audit recommendations
• Quality and timely follow up reports on implementation of audit recommendations
a) All departments
b) All BRD stakeholders
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
a) Bachelor’s Degree with a professional qualification like ACCA, CPA or CIA completed
b) A minimum of 5 years’ experience in auditing preferably in a financial institution, the Supreme Audit Institution or in an internationally accredited audit firm.
a) To carry out audits with absolute honesty, candidness and behaving beyond suspicion and reproach and provide unbiased and factual audit conclusions, opinions and reports
b) Demonstrating competence, skills, and sound judgment, responsibility, high level of secrecy, good conduct and behavior
c) Introducing new ideas and methods of providing audit services to remain relevant in a dynamic audit environment
d) Strong quantitative, capable of interpreting multiple data streams and uncovering insightful conclusions
e) Good Corporate governance awareness and knowledge on international best practice standards in financial reporting (IFRS), IIA Standards and corporate governance.
f) Skilled at problem solving, recommending practical solutions, and influencing key stakeholders to drive successful implementation
g) Strong strategic mindset, critical thinking and analytical skills with good knowledge of Microsoft programs, especially MS Excel
h) Good IT skills in developing scrip for the data extraction and data analysis and use of analytics tools
i) Good communication skills (written and oral) in English and Kinyarwanda. Excellent report writing
j) Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines
k) Demonstrated team leadership, organizational and managerial skills
l) Excellent coordination skills and experience in working with multiple groups of people simultaneously.
m) Strong interpersonal skills and orientation as a team member.
n) Excellent management of conflicts and ability to influence decision making at all levels.
o) Open minded with the ability to learn in a dynamic environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/careers ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.