2 Chief Accountant/RUE AP
Jobs at:Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following positions:
2 Chief Accountant/RUE AP
• Working in liaison with the Technical Unit to ensure that project budgets are prepared and approved in line with the project plans
• Ensure that the budget is well aligned with the approved procurement plan which draws from the project plan
• Provide regular guidance to the operations and technical team on budget performances for their relevant program activities
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on budget performance highlighting any adverse variances and proposals for recovery for the review of the Senior Financial Management Specialist
• Review all payables' documents for completeness, validity and accuracy before preparing payments for suppliers and service providers
• Effective liaison with the banks to ensure that bank accounts have enough liquidity to meet the programme commitments as and when they fall due
• Prepare periodic liquidity forecasts to ensure that the programme has adequate cash resources to meet all the projects obligations smoothly
• Ensure that all transactions are processed in accordance to the Company's approved procedures and Development Partners' guidelines and procedures
• Prepare withdraw and replenishment requirements in consultation with the Senior Financial
• Ensure that relevant, accurate and complete financial records are being kept rendering effective accountability for all processed transactions
• Ensure that the accounting system is posted accurately with all the transactions being made in the projects
• Ensure that all computations and payments regarding statutory compliance like PAYE, WHT. VAT, RSSB etc ate being made accurately and promptly to avoid penalties and related fines
• Maintain accurately the petty cash float and ensure the expenditures are made for allowed purposes as stipulated in the Financial manual
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and bring nay material variances to the attention for the Director of Finance for follow up and action
• Prepare monthly and quarterly budget and expenditure reports to the Senior Financial Management Specialist's approval
• Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Work Plan and Budget for the programme providing all the subsidiary reports, and supporting information as may be required
• Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Financial Report for audit purpose and other external reporting requirements like Minecofin and Development Partners
• Support effectively the external and internal audit mission by providing requested information
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Finance and Coordinator from time to time in the furtherance of the program/project development objectives
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree (AO) Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration.
• Professional qualification in ACCA, CPA etc is a requirement.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a finance related role accounting experience in projects and/or Donor funded program Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 07/09/2021 latest 5:00 PM
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant's CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as ONE single pdf document for easy download & analysis of applications.
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the mentioned above email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.