3 Brokers’ Account and Relationship Managers
Deadline of this Job:
1st March 2019
Date Posted: 19th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RwF
Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 17 countries. Our primary operations are in South Africa and the Rest of Africa, and we have niche businesses in Latin America and Asia.
We have 12 million customers and 31,000 employees as at the end of 2017 and with over 170 years of heritage across sub-Saharan Africa, we are a crucial part of the communities we serve and broader society on the continent. The business is listed on the Johannesburg, London, Zimbabwean, Malawian and Namibian stock exchanges.
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings ( www.uapoldmutual.com) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank ( www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda.
The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It therefore wishes to fill the below vacant position with qualified, experienced and talented individuals to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan – African Financial Services Group. The position’s details are further outlined below:
BROKERS’ ACCOUNT AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGER, RWANDA - 3 POSITIONS
The position holder will build and maintain strong and long-lasting relation with Brokers. He/ She will ensure new business generation in order to achieve set business targets, promote growth and fruitful relationships between all parties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain long-term, trusting relationships with Brokers;
• Set and execute broker’s relationship strategy defining focuses and opportunities to pursue;
• Oversee portfolios and assigned businesses to develop new business from existing Brokers’ customers;
• Actively support the brokers’ sales efforts and opportunities by providing all required resources;
• Successfully undertakes contract negotiations ensuring financial success and monitors quality service;
• Serve as lead point contact for all assigned business matters;
• Carry out market intelligence surveys to identify new business opportunities;
• Manage and provide business support to assigned brokers and businesses;
• Monitor competitor activity and advise Business Development Office;
• Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or Marketing Diploma, three (3) years’ experience in a similar position preferably in Insurance Industry.Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to deliver results when objectives are set
• Excellent presentation skills
• High level of initiative and self-motivation
• Good Planner with task and time management proficiency
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent team working skills
• Good communications skills
• Resilience to cope with pressure of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Insurance Product knowledge
• Reliability and honesty
• Excellent time management
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to apply for the roles through firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 01st March, 2019 at 5.00 p.m.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must possess or be in the process of getting a Police clearance Certificate as at the time of making an application.
Annie M. Nibishaka
Deputy & Ag. Managing Director
Manager, Human Resources
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.