3 Business Coach/MSMEs Advisor
Jobs at:Spark Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
3 Business Coach/MSMEs Advisor
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
Business Coach/MSMEs Advisor - Gwiza Project Rwanda
Location: Possible locations - Rusizi, Nyamasheke and Karongi Districts
Duration: Full-time, one year with possibility of extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
SPARK is looking for Business Coaches or MSMEs Advisors for the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Support Project named the Gwiza Project, focused on the Western Province of Rwanda.
The project aims at supporting MSME’s to grow and thrive through capacity building and access to finance and markets. The focus of the project will be MSME’s in key sectors of the Western Province, especially Cross Border Trade (CBT). Working with key actors in the Province the project aims at unlocking systemic constraints that hinder the growth of MSME’s and the participation of youth and women in business. Capacity building will be provided to the business and key actors including financial institutions. A key constraint cited by many for MSME’s is access to finance, thus the project has a clear focus on supporting increased financing for businesses.
The Business Coaches/MSMEs Advisor will serve SPARK mission to assist existing businesses to grow and expand, acknowledging the direct link between business growth and job creation, with focus on businesses in sectors with large growth potential and in areas where youth and women unemployment is high. The Business Coaches/MSMEs Advisors will carry out field based operations in the probable locations of Rusizi, Nyamasheke and Karongi Districts in the Western Province of Rwanda.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Be the main point of contact and represent SPARK at district level in lobbying and advocacy activities related to the programme;
• Liaise with local government and business stakeholders to ensure the impact of the project and synergy with other relevant initiatives in district;
• Coordinate project activities in their districts
• Support market research, SME survey and baseline study, needs assessment, monitoring and evaluation
• Deliver business proximity coaching services and other BDS precisely in accordance with MSMEs needs assessments results;
• Liaise with MSMEs and any programme or organisation geared towards business development and provision of technical assistance.
• Stimulate fair business linkages of selected MSMEs to the potential business partners;
• Ensure proximity transfer of innovative business ideas and best practices related to the access to finance and access to market;
• Assist the Project Management Team in continuous adjustments /updates of coaching tools and operational plans;
• Assist the Project Management Team in the development of business performance objectives for MSMEs and keep tracking their progress;
Requirements and Skills
• University degree in business administration, business management, accounting, finance, and other related fields of study;
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in fields relating directly to business coaching, business consulting, and financial analysis;
• Previous experience in capacity development and developing and conducting proximity coaching for MSMEs is an advantage;
• In-depth technical knowledge of the Cross Border Market, gaps and roles of different industries as well as the MSMEs ecosystem;
• Good understanding of general business procedures, including sales and marketing, operations, inbound logistics, IT, human resources, and business financing;
• Live and work in the selected districts in the Western Province (Rusizi, Nyamasheke, or Karongi district most probably);
• Entrepreneurial, responsible, proactive, and being able to work with high workload/pressure;
• Full professional proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required, also knowledge of French and Swahili is an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested individuals should submit their applications not later than Thursday the 3rd of February 2022 at 5:00 pm on e-mail addressed to email@example.com with a clear Subject Line: Business Coach/MSMEs Advisor - Gwiza Project Rwanda.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.