Jobs at:Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA)
Deadline of this Job:
17th May 2019
Date Posted: 13th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA) through the Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU), has obtained funds from different development partners to support the Government of Rwanda in its commitment to deliver on its development agenda. It is in this framework that REMA would like to recruit competitive employee on the position of ACCOUNTANT.
I. Position: Accountant
Duration: One (1) Year Renewable.
Duty and Responsibilities:
1. Job description:
• prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts and Ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations;
• records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
• Review entries and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports;
• Maintain records in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
• Prepare and follow all the declaration and payment related to TPR and contributions;
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements at the end of each month;
• Establish payment orders for approval by Director of Administration and Finance and then follow them up to ensure that the funds are released;
• Charge budget expenditure and file all documents relating to those operations;
• Support audit process and ensure issues noted are resolved and recommendations implemented
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• Knowledge of cost analysis skills;
• Knowledge to analyze complex financial information & Produce reports; Deep understanding of financial accounts;
Planning and organizational Skills;
• Communication Skills;
• Computer skills;
• Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
• High analytical skills;
• Team working Skills;
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
2. Job profile:
• A0 in Accounting, Finance, Management specializing in Finance/Accounting or Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA, etc.).
• Knowledge of finance principles;
• Knowledge of financial reporting;
• Proficiency in relevant accounting software;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements
• At least 3 years working experience in a public institution in Rwanda would be of distinct advantage
Job application procedure
The application should include:
A detailed curriculum vitae containing full personal details (birth date, gender. Nationality, marital status, home address, and full contract numbers ;) qualifications and knowledge for the position;
Good performance certificate and recommendation documentations from the last employer;
Copies of academic qualifications, copies of contracts.
The deadline for the submission of the applications shall be on the 17th /05/2019.
The late application shall not be considered, and online applications are unacceptable
Interested candidates will submit their applications at REMA’s office located in Kacyiru.
All applications to be addressed to the Director General, REMA.
P.O. Box 7436 Kacyiru Kigali.
For any further information, you can always look at REMA website.
Kigali on May 10, 2019
Eng. Coletha U. RUHAMYA