Jobs at:World Relief Rwanda (WRR)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Date Posted: Friday, August 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To fulfill the mission statement of World Relief and its partners. Provide treasury and accounting support mainly to our Maternal Infant, Young Children Nutrition (Abarinzi b’imikurire myiza) Project but also other finance tasks as instructed by the supervisor. .
• Verify and ensure all financial supporting documents and all submitted payment requests are in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures
• Receive, verify, and process all payment requests and expense reports, and ensure that all financial supporting documents are in compliance with donor regulations and WRR financial procedures.
• Participate in financial spot checks and training as planned by the donor
• Prepare the quarterly request of funds appropriately and timely
• Prepare the financial reports and submit them to the Program Manager and Finance Manager on time for verification and approval.
• Monitor the budget consumption and then alert the Program Manager if there is over or under budget spending according to planned activities
• Verify that each project activity budget is in compliance with the approved budget
• Work closely with the Project Field Officers
• Participate in MIYCN (Abarinzi b’imikurire myiza) project financial and accounting meetings.
• Keep checkbooks and pre-numbered vouchers safely
• Provide any financial support to the Abarinzi b’imikurire myiza project.
• Claim VAT refund timely
• Prepare a monthly bank reconciliation for Finance Manager approval
• Maintain contacts with the bank to clarify questions pertaining to MIYCN bank account
• Perform other duties related to the above responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• The initiative, excellent organization ability, with attention to details
• Excellent interpersonal skills for teamwork in a multi-racial environment
• Self-directing, reliable and responsible
• Flexible and motivated team player
• Strategic thinker and self-controlled
• The reputation of integrity and patience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related fields and knowledgeable of UN rules and regulations
• Excellent skills in MS office required
• Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Kinyarwanda. French is beneficial but not required.
• Effective communication skills
• Experience required: At least two years of Accounting working experience with INGO (especially UN-funded projects)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit a motivation letter indicating your top two districts you would prefer to serve in, a copy of your notified degree, comprehensive curriculum vitae with 3 names of referees and a church recommendation from your Pastor or Priest by 31st of August 2020 to World Relief Rwanda office, plot 53, KG 647 St, Kacyiru, Kigali. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the tests. Done at Kigali on August 20th, 2020 Jacqueline Mukashema Director of Administration and Finance
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.