Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
20th October 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 28 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Accountant. The position will be based at the Cluster Office in Gicumbi and reporting to the Cluster Manager.
Purpose of the position:
Ensure overall financial management at Cluster level such as cash management, forecasting, recording, documentation, budgeting, reporting, payments, working with auditors and partners with wise stewardship in accordance with World Vision Field Finance Manual (FFM) as well as donors requirements. .
• Prepare annual project budgets and cash flow review in line with Global Center, Regional and National Office budgeting guidelines by ensuring World Vision (WV) cost allocation policy and efficiency ratio is adhered to.
• Monitor projects budget utilization at the cluster level and provide information on levels of spending and any financial irregularity to the relevant Managers.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with WV, Support Offices and donor-specific reporting and procedural standards & requirements by ensuring project-related payments are done on time and transactions are properly recorded and posted in the solar system.
• Monitor Cluster bank accounts and prepare bank reconciliation on a monthly basis, process cash transfer to ensure sufficient funds on the account for payments and prepare monthly funding requests in line with the budget guidelines.
• Maintain efficient management of Cluster Assets and conduct a regular inventory to reconcile sun system reports and physical count of assets as per WV’s asset policy and procedures and maintain an update assets register; and ensure proper fleet management.
• Participate in procurement meetings and ensure cost-effectiveness through the competitive bidding process, quality product and compliance with WV FFM, procurement and donor-specific procurement requirements, policies, and guidelines.
• Ensure that Cluster balance sheet accounts are monthly and quarterly reviewed, analyzed and reconciled by ensuring accurate balances.
• Work with Auditors and provide relevant information as far as a financial audit is concerned and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
• Participate in proposal writing with the view to provide financial advice and develop project lifetime budget in line with WV and Donor budgeting templates and guidelines.
• Participate in partner capacity assessment and ensure accurate and timely submission of partner financial accountability.
Preferred experience, technical Skills & Abilities:
• Good command of Microsoft Excel, Vision Executive, and Sun system software
• Knowledge of Provision or E-Procurement System software
• Knowledge of Global Expenses Management System.
• Knowledge of the Horizon system
• Gateway to Grants (G2G) certification
• Skills and ability to organize and conduct trainings
Qualifications: Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the accounting profession with a busy organization or project
• Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Proven knowledge of various donor regulations and requirements
• Experience in working with auditors both internal and external
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 20th October 2019; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.