Jobs at:Institution of Engineers Rwanda (IER)
Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Institution of Engineers Rwanda (IER) was established as a Professional Regulatory Body by Law no. 26/2012 of 29th June 2012. It serves the public interest and has a number of responsibilities including; regulating engineering professional, enhancing the technical capacities and professional competencies of its members to enable them to become more competent and competitive in the National, Regional and International Engineering job markets.
IER is member of various engineering organization across the world including; the East African Federation Engineering Organization (EAFEO), the Federation of African Engineering Organization (FAEO), and the World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO).
To accomplish its mandate, IER is looking for qualified candidates preferably a Rwandan by nationality to fill the position of Accountant who shall perform duties indicated below;
2. Qualification and Requirements
• Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in accounting or a relevant field;
• Holding Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (CAT, CPA) is added advantage;
• Having at least 3 years of working experience;
• Must have knowledge and experience in using accounting software.
3. Key Technical Skills and Knowledge required:
• Generally Acceptable Accountant Practices (GAAP);
• Experience in bookkeeping and financial reporting;
• Knowledge of Rwanda public financial law;
• Leadership and management skills;
• Planning and organizational, budgeting skills;
• Strong IT skills, particularly in financial software;
• Time management skills;
• Judgment and decision-making skills;
• Complex problem solving;
• Fluent in English, Kinyarwanda, and/or French; knowledge of all is an
4. Duties and Responsibilities:
• To prepare the payroll for submission for approval;
• To process payments for expenses;
• To verify the conformity and coherence of payment request’s documents;
• To track and report on cash flow status and liquidity;
• To maintain payment related records;
• To manage movable and immovable assets;
• To carry out inventory management, constitute security stock, and prevent stock shortage risk;
• To design order forms and make follow up on deliveries;
• To compile daily, monthly, and annual reports on stock management;
• To perform such other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the
5. Personal Qualities
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the " https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=37947" link not later than the 4th October 2021 by 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Institution of Engineers Rwanda.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.