Jobs at:Haguruka NGO
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1991, Haguruka is a non-governmental organization registered under the Rwandan law working towards empowering women and children to claim their rights by improving their access to quality justice across the country. With head office in Kigali (the capital city of Rwanda) the organization has regional offices in Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western provinces of the country. Its right holders are empowered to claim their fundamental rights from duty bearers in line with relevant international and national legal instruments applicable in Rwanda. Haguruka has a zero-tolerance approach towards sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment; and the organization implements programs that address the immediate human rights needs of vulnerable women and children while working towards combating Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and promoting gender equality. HAGURUKA thematic focus areas are: 1) Legal aid and psychosocial counseling support, 2) Awareness-raising and social mobilization, 3) Capacity building of partners and stakeholders; and 4) Research and advocacy
With the support from Interpeace Rwanda, HAGURUKA will be implementing a program called “Reinforcing community capacity for social cohesion and reconciliation through societal trauma healing” which is four years intervention targeting 5 Districts in Rwanda. These are: Ngoma, Nyagatare, Nyabihu, Musanze and Nyamagabe
• The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• She/he must possess a minimum of not less than three (3) years related professional experience, preferably having worked in non-profit related entities and or reputable private sector organizations;
• Having experience/ knowledge in procurement and human resource processes/Practices of the candidate is an added value
• Expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity and conduct yourself in a manner that is beyond reproach at all times
• Experience of computerized accounting software. QuickBooks is a Must.
• Excellent command of both oral and written English is essential.
• Good analytical and numerical skills;
• Good communication and presentation skills;
• Excellent computer skills in accounting software and MS-Office: Word, Excel;
• Ability to work in a team and liaise well with others;
• High Integrity/ethics and the ability to meet the deadlines
• Deadline-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Assisting in project management in the Full qualification would be an added advantage
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
• Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors and proactiveness to probe further into data.
• Monitor budgets and expenditures forecast, timely review of cash positions of donor funds,
• Prepare documentation needed to request for funds from donors;
• Prepare budget revisions;
• Determine unutilized funds;
• Assist with the implementation of Financial software
• Maintaining proper books of accounting
• Prepare monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Manage petty cash
• Responsible for vendor maintenance in the finance System ensuring compliance to systems,
• Prepares and processes purchase orders;
• Ensure that purchase orders, received and invoices are matched,
• Maintain a payables ageing report
• Prepare on Monthly basis bank reconciliations, Monthly, Quarterly, and annual financial statements, and other reports as required by the Organization.
• Maintain an updated fixed asset register always reconciled with the Accounting software.
• Assist in the budget process where appropriate
• To keep inventory of assets of the organization and maintain the information such as asset description value and location.
• To prepare and present all books of accounts and assets for auditing
• To maintain accounting records by making copies and filing documents
• To maintain accounting databases by entering data into the computer and processing backups
• Reception of goods and materials delivered by suppliers
• To receive and processing all invoice, expense forms, and requests for payment
• To reconcile Grants/revenues collection and reports on a monthly basis
• Any other activity as may be determined by the Senior Management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
In order to effectively implement the program, Haguruka is recruiting the following Positions (see the table below). Interested Candidates should send a Motivational letter, a curriculum Vitae with 2 references, a copy of degrees, and other relevant Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Executive Secretary of Haguruka
Please do indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject. The deadline is Monday 15 November 2021 at 17:00
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.