Jobs at:SPF Joint Ventures (SPF-Ikigega)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 13 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, October 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Task and Responsibilities
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Review & reconciliation of bookkeeping ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivables.
• Ensure proper Cash flow management by optimizing the amount of money moving into and out of the company and keeping regular and consistent cash control.
• Weekly and Monthly review of Petty cash and bank reconciliation and ensure the balances are reflected in QuickBooks.
• Keep abreast of requirements related to accounting matters to ensure compliance with accounting standard, tax regulation and other legal requirement.
• Supervise the filing system of all the financial and administrative documents and ensure they are well organized, fully supported and approved
• Ensure accruals and prepayment concepts are applied where necessary
• Assist in the completion of external audits and enforce the implementation of actions necessary to correct internal control weaknesses.
• Keep well documented financial records and respect all accounting procedures.
• Assist in coordination of the audit process while preparing all necessary documentation
• Elaborate and prepare SPF partners reports
• Support the human resource and administrative with payroll administration
• Compute tax and prepare tax return monthly and quarterly (RRA, RSSB)
• Audit financial transactions and corresponding supporting documents
• Publish financial statements in time
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
Financial reporting & budgeting
• Prepare, submit and present accurate financial statements that complies with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) not later than 15th of the next month
• Prepare, monitor and review the annual budget and monthly cash flows forecast
• Perform weekly reconciliation of inventory in QuickBooks and ensure physical and QuickBooks balances agree.
• Perform proper calculation of landed cost in QuickBooks in order to generate accurate both unit cost of stored materials and standard cost of manufactured goods.
• Monitor the inventory transactions and make the assessment of the inventory report every month.
Minimum 3 years of accounting experience gained preferably with a well-known company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Having level 1 professional qualification in CPA, will be an added value
• QuickBooks certificate or accounting professional certificates.
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Adequate knowledge of basic accounting procedures and policies, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Adequate knowledge in generating Financial statements report Familiarity with frequent financial reporting and data consolidation.
• Sound understanding of Rwandan financial regulations and legal business requirements;
• Familiar with any or multiple financial management and accounting software’s. QuickBooks is highly preferred.
• Good analytical financial skills
• Good computer skills and extensive knowledge Microsoft Office tools.
• General character traits
1. Analytical mind
2. A keep eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
3. Ability to stick to time constraints
4. Creativity & ability to solve problems
5. Result oriented
6. Continuous improvement & personal development
7. Team spirit & cooperation
8. Rigorous and methodical
9. Leadership & Initiative-taking
• Function specific traits
1. Accuracy & Focus
2. Analytic & Numerical skills
3. Planning & Organizing
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.