Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
We are looking for a detail-oriented accounts payable professional to control and monitor our expenses. You will be processing payments, verifying invoices, and performing account reconciliations
To ensure success as an accounts payable specialist, you should exhibit sound knowledge of best practices in accounting and experience in a similar role. An accomplished accounts payable specialist will be someone whose accounting expertise translates into optimized expense control processes.
• Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data
• Receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
• Comparing system reports to balances and verifying entries
• Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers, as well as controlling petty cash spending
• Verifying vendor accounts, paying vendors, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies
• Issuing purchase order amendments and stop payments
• Monitoring payroll expense claims, including salary advances and overtime payments
• Reconciling account transactions with the general ledger
• Performing recordkeeping and preparing financial reports
• Keeping informed of regulatory Requirements and best practices in accounting
• Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, finance, CPA
• At least two years' experience as an accounts payable specialist, or similar
• Advanced competency in accounting and business management software
• In-depth knowledge of accounts payable principles, accounting standards, and industry regulations
• Extensive experience in account reconciliation.
• Keen attention to detail
• Great time management and organizational skills
• Excellent collaboration and communication abilities
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.