Accounting and administrative officer
Jobs at:Fondation Paul Gérin-Lajoie
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounting and administrative officer
Place of recruitment: Kigali
Duration: 12 months fixed term contract, with possibility of renewal
Number of positions to be filled: 1
Expected start: April 2022
This accounting and administrative officer mandate is part of the Competency, Leadership, Education Voluntary Cooperation Program (PCV-CLE) implemented by a consortium composed of the Fondation Paul Gérin-Lajoie, ÉducationInternationale and the Fédération des cégeps and is funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The CLE Program began in Kigali in February 2022 and will end in the summer of 2027. The program aims to increase the economic and social well-being of the most marginalized and vulnerable populations, particularly girls, adolescents and women, in six countries: Benin, Cameroon, Guinea, Rwanda, Senegal and Togo. To do this, the CLE Program will improve the performance of 45 partner organizations in implementing quality education initiatives and services that are more inclusive, innovative, environmentally sustainable, and advance gender equality.
A fixed-term position for an Accounting and Administrative Officer is being recruited in Rwanda (Kigali) to support the development and implementation of the CLE Program. The Accounting and Administrative Officer will be under the supervision of the Country Representative and will work in close collaboration with the office team members, volunteers, program management as well as the program’s partners. To promote gender equality and inclusion, the program strongly encourages women and people with disabilities to apply.
Nature of the tasks
• Carry out the main accounting operations.
• Maintain accounts, entry tables, journal book.
• Centralize accounting and financial data and supporting documents, verify their validity and record them.
• Prepares accounting and financial statements from the Program's information system.
• Maintain the imprest accounts, reconcile expenditures, payments, financial statements and other data.
• Participate in the preparation of budgets, management of petty cash.
• Nature of duties for the administrative component.
• Ensuring office supplies are maintained, including checking inventory and collaborating with the driver-logistician on orders.
• Prepare field reports and internal controls, prepare administrative documents related to the representation or the management of the organization, such as partnership agreements, calls for tenders, employment contracts, service contracts, ongoing training, staff leave status and financial tasks related to mission orders.
• Forwarding all correspondence, such as letters and packages, to staff members.
• Ensuring the confidentiality and security of files and filing systems.
• Draft correspondence, minutes and review documents.
• Schedule and organize meetings and travel arrangements.
• Receive visitors, manage the office email box and incoming calls.
• He or she may be required to perform any other task that may be assigned to him or her by the country representative.
• Hold a Bachelor's degree in management science, business management, accounting or a recognized professional business studies certificate.
• Be fluent in French or English both orally and in writing, fluency in both languages is considered an asset.
• Clean criminal record.
• At least 3 years experience in an administrative/accounting position.
• Experience in an international NGO will be considered an asset.
Specific knowledge and skills
• Thorough knowledge of accounting software.
• In-depth knowledge of the Office suite particularly Word and Excel as well as the collaborative tools of the Google Drive suite.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong team player, anticipation skills and self-starter.
• Excellent time and priority management.
Terms of the position
• Fixed-term contract with the possibility of renewal
• 40h/ per week, 20 days vacation per year
• Competitive salary
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Individuals interested in these positions should send a cover letter and resume including contact information for three professional references related to the position by April 1st to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants are asked to title the subject line of their email according to the following template: "Job Title - NAME, First Name". Only those candidates selected following the analysis of the application will be contacted for an interview and a written test.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.