Admin and Finance Assistant (AFA)
American Refugee Committee (ARC)
Deadline of this Job:
8th July 2018
ARC-Rwanda is looking for a potential candidate to fill the position of Administrative and Finance Assistant, for ARC Gihembe
Refugee Site – Gihembe Refugee Camp, Byumba.
POSITION TITLE: Admin and Finance Assistant (AFA)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager, Gihembe
STATUS: Full Time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the well-being and self-reliance of the displaced refugee population from eastern DRC and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The AFA serves as the focal point for finance, administrative, and human resource matters at the site level.
Working closely with the Site Manager, s/he is in charge of ensuring that ARC rules and procedures, financial controls and accountability mechanisms are well implemented and followed, supporting programs and logistics through maintaining records, managing official documents, providing monthly financial reporting, facilitating casual labor payroll, and reviewing procurements against spending plans.
S/he works closely with and receives technical guidance and support from ARC finance team.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Oversee the day-to-day monitoring and input of field financial and monetary transactions.
- Maintain and manage site-level petty cash disbursements
- Submit monthly closing of financial reports to ARC Kigali finance on a timely basis.
- Prepare timely budgets, cash requests, and accounting reports.
- Monitor grant spending and projections, as informed by sector leads
- Maintain all financial files and calculate expenses by grants and remaining balances as requested
- Prepare all required financial and administrative reports as schedule
- Develop and maintain updated computer programs that support and facilitate the maintenance of files and the production of reports
- Certify casual laborers attendance sheets and prepare casual laborers payroll, including payment sheets
- Track and maintain payment of all-necessary taxes, utilities, and leases
- Review/certify procurement requisitions against site budgets and knowledge of current market data
- Notify Finance Manager of any problems, concerns, or feedback on finance matters.
- Responsible for all administrative affairs of the field office, Maintain a good filing system for all program and project related documents, including official letters, personnel files and other official documents.
- At the local level, makes sure that ARC complies fully with Rwanda labor law and other work related procedures;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or any other ARC Senior Manager.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Accounting or any other related field
- Minimum three years of experience in Administration and accounting field
- Strong oral and written skills
- Ability to perform basic accounting and budgeting functions, using spreadsheets
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and report writing skills
- Experience creating monthly financial reports and spending projections
- Previous experience with a Development or Relief Organization preferred
- Excellent multi-level communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. Preferably also French or Swahili as additional languages
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office system
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Quick understanding of new techniques, highly flexible and excellent ability to adapt to new environment.
- Strength of determination in producing creative solutions when working with own initiative or as part of a team in a challenging environment,
- Ability to work very flexible hours
- Ability to think creatively to overcome challenges
- Pro-active attitude to improving systems
- Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern
- Solid communicator with ability to share knowledge on their work, as well as seek continuous improvement
- Analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation /commitment to excellence
- Self-management and /emotional intelligence
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
- Innovative spirit and empowerment
- Ability and willingness to live and work in isolated, low-resource areas in Rwanda.
Job application procedure
Submission of applications – to include 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees - should be submitted via email to RWJobs@arcrelief.org with the position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 8th July 2018
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.