Administrative & Financial Assistant/ROF-KIG
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 09 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
6. JOB PURPOSE
The Administrative and Financial Assistant supports the CAF in the administrative and finance management of the office
7. DUTIES AND MAIN TASKS
Administrative and Financial Tasks:
• Provide administrative and financial support.
• Assist the CAF in financial management and accounting, including monitoring office expenses and making proposals for rationalizing expenses.
• Verify invoices and prepare corresponding payments vouchers (transfers, checks, cash).
• Prepare mission expenses and perdiems.
• Ensure end of month reconciliations, including collecting and analyzing account information and reconciling discrepancies.
• Perform and/or supervise accounting entries in the corresponding module.
• Handle the declaration and recovery of VAT refunds from RRA.
• Manage the filing and archiving of financial and accounting documents.
• Oversee petty cash, checking expenses, transactions, and reconciliation regularly.
Managing office/computer equipment:
• Maintain and ensure the good condition of office equipment (computers, printers, photocopiers, internet network, etc.).
• Record the handover/transfers of LuxDev equipment to third parties.
• Ensure meeting rooms are adequately equipped and well maintained.
• Conduct equipment inventory.
• Supervise regular IT backups and software installations, assisting users in using basic office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Managing external contacts:
• Receive visitors and introduce them to the Resident Representative (RR) if appropriate.
• Managing telephone calls through the central office, take messages, and report.
Managing mail, filing and archiving:
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail as stipulated in the upcoming ROF manual through the Alpha-Base.
• Send and receive express mails and forward them to the concerned persons.
• Prepare, translate letters and notes from the office/RR and disseminate.
• File and archive documents (soft and hard) according to the system in force.
• Manage and follow up express mailings (DHL), post office parcels and mails.
Carry out drafting and editing work:
• Proofread, format and edit reports according to LuxDev instructions and model (quarterly, progress, mission, closure, technical and financial document, operational partnership agreements, etc.).
• Research and layout of documentation (photos, annexes, tables, budgets, etc.).
• Duplicate and distribute reports as described above.
• Translation of documents.
• Taking minutes of meetings (including committees).
Ensure the administrative management of the office:
• Make inventories and forward them to the financial department for updating.
• Managing all office supplies including consumables for cafeteria, cleaning, and general office supplies.
• Monitor stocks of all office supplies using inventory cards.
• Managing the cleaning service to maintain the cleanliness of the premises.
• Maintain the leave register for the ROF and the Chief Technical Advisers (CTA).
• Maintain the register of receipt of monthly and timesheet reports from CTA.
• Manage the office’s direct suppliers, request quotations and prepare purchase orders, manage the supplier list.
• Follow up the office’s administrative files, including relations with the relevant national authorities.
Provide secretarial support to the RR:
• Collect e-mails in the absence of the RR.
• Informing the RR during his missions according to the importance and urgency of calls, mail and e-mails.
Organise missions and workshops:
• Organize missions (internal and external): including air tickets, hotel reservations, meetings schedule, etc.
• Update the supplier list and negotiate preferential rates (hotels, travel agencies, etc.).
• Create mission sheets based on the RR and/or CAF instructions.
• Support the organization of workshops and other events promoted by the office.
Supervise the drivers:
• Managing the scheduling and allocation of vehicles for staff of office use, ensuring vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
• Overseeing the activities of drivers, ensuring they adhere to safety regulations and company policies.
• Maintain records related to vehicle usage, fuel, consumption, maintenance, and repairs.
• Monitor and managing expenses related to vehicles, such as fuel costs, maintenance, and repairs.
• Assist in planning and optimizing driving routes to save time and fuel.
• Facilitate communication between drivers and staff members to ensure timely and efficient transportation.
Carry out any other task entrusted by the RR and CAF in relation to his/her function and skills.
• Has daily contact with the RR, CAF and other members of the office.
• Has daily contact with drivers.
• Has occasional contact with members of HQ.
• Has regular contact with the CTAs.
• Has frequent contact with visitors.
• Has occasional contact with suppliers/vendors.
• Has occasional contact with local public administrations.
9. COMPETENCY PROFILE
9.1 Specific professional competencies
9.2 Generic professional competencies
9.4 Education and/or Experience
Two years of higher education in secretarial or administrative / finance management.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.