Afirr Project – Trade Finance Officer
Jobs at:Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit a suitable qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
• TRADE FINANCE OFFICER – AFIRR PROJECT (1) (Open For Rwandans Only)
TRADE FINANCE OFFICER – AFIRR PROJECT (1) (Open for Rwandans only)
Job Title: AFIRR PROJECT – TRADE FINANCE OFFICER Current Grade: JG 6
Reports to: Functionally to the Financial Control Manager
Administratively to the AFIRR, Project Coordinator
Direct Report: N/A Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract Terms – Open Ended
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to identify Trade Finance proposals/opportunities, cross-checking fulfillment of documentation prior processing of financed projects under AFIRR. Provide technical support to AFIRR Business Units, concurring on all import and export documentation such as letters of credit, guarantees, etc.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Identify Trade Finance Proposals/Opportunities to enhance AFIRR funds deployment to beneficiaries and within the BRD and the World Bank risk appetite levels
• Timely and accurate processing of all the outgoing cash payments of AFIRR transactions through RIPPS or SWIFT
• Daily report on AFIRR payments made
• Timely and accurate processing of the Letter of Credit facility with correspondent Banks
• Timely and accurate processing of the project Bank Guarantees
• Identify and structure suitable transactions/clients and identify suitable counter-parties (collateral managers, trade finance insurers etc.) and financing partners/agent banks in case of syndication / co-financing
• Monitor the performance of portfolio and marketing the AFIRR trade finance products.
• Carry out financial analysis and due diligence on all AFIRR transactions to ensure quality control
• Prepare and analyze credit proposals for trade/ structured trade finance facilities for the project funding
• Establish and maintain strategic relations with clients at senior management level of the Bank’s existing and prospective AFIRR partners and stakeholders
• Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on AFIRR trade finance facilities
• Undertake the project development and marketing initiatives and develop client base using contacts, experience, and relationship to pursue trade finance opportunities
• To ensure reconciliation of accounts used in payments and for letter of credits
• Proper and structured filing of the AFIRR files within his/her responsibilities
• Working relationships
• All departments
• All Project stakeholders
• Performance indicators
• Timeliness in processing transactions and reporting
• Proper management and quick processing of debts
• Accuracy in Business transactions
• Reconciliations of key accounts under AFIRR trade finance
• Turnaround time on clients’ requests and SLA
• Customer and stakeholder’s satisfaction
• Reliability of research materials
• Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration/ or related field
• Trade finance Certificate would be an added advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a commercial bank or similar institution under Trade Finance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday 10th June 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, Thursday 26th May 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.