Assistant Accounting Manager
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Employee will serve as Accounting Assistant Manager under the direction of the Senior Accountant and the Accounting Manager. Employee will be responsible for the careful management of Rwandan company accounts and ensuring compliance with tax authorities for the Tubeho Neza campaign, research programme and retail programme. Employee will be responsible for the execution of the following duties:
• Set up payments to suppliers in a timely fashion.
• Ensure all payment processes take place within the control environment and oversee filing system for monthly expenditures.
• Good knowledge on Rwanda tax laws
• Maintain Rwandan bank accounts: reconcile monthly bank statements with the general ledger, liaise with Bank Accounts Manager to investigate any discrepancies and monitor all transactions via GAPS.
• Ensure petty cash and procurement guidelines/controls are followed
• Evaluate and consider relevant improvements to the control environment.
• Undertake all payroll responsibilities including assisting on human resources and administrative duties which will be reviewed by the Accounting Manager
o Monthly staff payroll and PAYE payments
o Quarterly RSSB payments
o Tracking all records of annual leave, compensatory time off and sick leave
o Ensuring medical insurance for current staff is up to date
• As DelAgua diversifies its revenues, ensure accurate and timely cash collection, and promote a new control environment for revenue recognition.
• Report to the finance team that sit in the UK and Rwanda and maintain a regular dialogue to ensure controls and procedures are uniform for each payment.
• Maintain accurate and complete financial records and participate in audits as needed.
• Perform any other duties when requested, as may be reasonably required by the Company.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.