Business Development and Funding Officer
Jobs at:CARE International
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CARE International in Rwanda is seeking to recruit a “Business Development and Funding Officer”
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. We currently work in over 93 countries, and focus primarily on women and girls as the most disproportionately affected by poverty, while engaging men and boys through our work too.
CARE’s East, Central, and Southern Africa Regional Office (ECSARO) is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations as well as the provision of support to 15 Country Offices in the region. For more information about our work, please visit www.care.org
Institutional income is increasingly important to CARE. Such institutional sources (including multilateral and bilateral agencies and donors) typically have decentralized operations, budgets, and decision-making structures throughout the world. To engage effectively with these organizations, CARE has an established global - architecture that mirrors its key institutional relationships builds stronger partnerships, and delivers greater impact and influence at country, regional and global levels. This operational architecture also enables CARE to more readily pursue multi-country / regional opportunities that are increasingly offered by institutional donors to address transnational issues to most effectively mobilize resources.
Overview of the Role
Based on CARE’s strategies in Rwanda and Burundi, and in accordance with CARE 2030 vision, the Business Development and Funding Officer (BDFO) will support in leading on new business development in support of Rwanda and Burundi, creating, identifying, and accessing new funding opportunities; contribute in maintaining a consistent standard of donor relationship and high-quality proposal development across the two country contexts; and will actively seek to grow income for the CARE country programs through (national, multi-country or global) funding opportunities and consortium partnerships.
The BDFO will be expected to work alongside the country teams and CARE USA in operationalizing the results of the donor mapping and be the primary link for accessing technical fundraising assistance and support from the confederation’s fundraising architecture and especially all the (current and potential) CMPs of countries both at global and at regional ECSA levels.
Requirements for the Role
• The Minimum requirement is a university degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, or International Development or other relevant experience.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Demonstrable experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency like CARE
• Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilization strategies
• Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships
• Proven experience in project management and process improvement
• Experience in working with and coaching technical teams to develop complex program proposals that are funded by institutional donors
• Ability to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units. Proven ability to utilize talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives
• Ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment
• Superior verbal and written communications and writing skills in English and French with the ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues into appealing presentations/pitches/proposals
• Strong proven ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs
• Proven facilitation skills
• Excellent computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation
• Solid understanding of a rights-based approach and gender sensitivity, and experience in the NGO sector
• Experience with USAID, EU guidelines, and procedures
• Work experience in the Great Lakes or the wider region (ECSA)
• Good knowledge about key issues of development and transition in the INGO sector
• Experience in marketing and/or communication
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=37478 not later than September 03, 2021 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We are an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, diversity, and Inclusion. CARE’s focus as an organization is to empower women and girls as we strongly believe that they are most affected by poverty. In line with our values, we highly encourage women to apply for this position.
*Disclaimer: CARE International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment.
PDF icon JD Business Development and Funding Officer V2 (1)93acb0a67a965a16d77cec54c6b7d35e.pdf
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.