Commissions and Receivable Accountant
Jobs at:UAP Group
Deadline of this Job:
05th November 2019.
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 17 countries. Our primary operations are in South Africa and the Rest of Africa, and we have niche businesses in Latin America and Asia. We have 12 million customers and 31,000 employees at the end of 2017 and with over 170 years of heritage across sub-Saharan Africa, we are a crucial part of the communities we serve and broader society on the continent. The business is listed on the Johannesburg, London, Zimbabwean, Malawian and Namibian stock exchanges. The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings www.uapoldmutual.com as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank www.faulukenya.com forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, and Rwanda. The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It, therefore, wishes to fill the below vacant position with qualified, experienced and talented individuals to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan – African Financial Services Group. The positions’ details are further outlined below;-
Role Title: Commissions and Receivable Accountant – 1 Post
Business Unit(s): Rwanda
Business /Function: Finance
Reports To: Senior Accountant
MDP Level: Manager of Self
Role Size: K .
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Confirmation of Debtors' accounts statements and follow up of payments.
• Ensure accurate account allocations are done in a timely manner.
• Ensure collection is done in time to ensure Debtor Days for Government and NGOs are kept below 30days
• Ensure intermediaries’ accounts are reconciled and commission paid as per commissions process
• Ensure processing and payments of Premium Refund monthly.
• Prepare intermediaries’ commission statements on a monthly basis or as requested.
• Lead and drive weekly debtors’ meetings and ensure the filing of the minutes.
• Ensure implementation of the efficient premium collection as per Credit Control policy and ensure strict adherence to the company credit policy for compliance purposes.
• Perform any other duty in support of day-to-day operations of the business
Skills and competencies
• Ability to deliver results when objectives are set
• Excellent relationship management skills
• High level of initiative and self-motivation
• Task and time management proficiency
• Good communications skills
• Resilience to cope with the pressure of working in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing customer expectations environment
Academic/Professional Qualifications and experience
• Technical Knowledge
• 2 years’ experience in financial services.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or related business field.
• Qualifications in Accountancy (CPA/ACCA) and added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested submit the Cover Letter and the CV with 3 references by completing very carefully the following application form not later than 05th November 2019.
Applicants must possess or be in the process of applying for a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE as at the time of making an application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.