Director of Finance and Operations
Jobs at:World Education inc.
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director of Finance and Operations
Project Description: World Education, Inc. is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations on a three-year, USAID-funded Teaching and Learning Material Supply Chain activity with the aim to strengthen the book supply chain to increase the quantity, quality, affordability, and accessibility of books and other reading materials (physical and digital) in schools, homes, and communities. By working to improve the capacity and systems of key actors along the book chain, such as MINEDUC and the private sector, while simultaneously strengthening linkages between these actors, this Activity will improve the sustainability of the Rwandan book supply chain. The project will have a main office in Kigali.
Position Description: The Director of Finance and Operations’ primary responsibility is to supervise the preparation of financial statements, maintain cash controls, payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintenance of accounts payable and receivable, and to manage office operations of the finance and administration teams.
• Establish and maintain program financial systems, fulfilling all USAID requirements and in line with WEI’s financial and administrative policies and procedures;
• Ensure compliance with USAID, WEI and Rwandan government financial requirements;
• Supervising the team to carry out day-to-day financial, administrative and operational tasks;
• Support and guide the project team to ensure compliance with financial controls and operating systems;
• Manage the monthly accounting cycle, including the payment of staff salaries and bank statement monitoring and reconciliation;
• Ensure that all incurred expenses are paid on a timely manner; (including staff income taxes and social insurance);
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of field office expenses and forecasts to HQ; as well as working with HQ’s finance and accounting team to rectify any field expense issues in a timely manner;
• Ensure that the provincial office’s operational policies, including security, HR, procurement, inventory; and IT, are compliant with project and donor policies and effectively implemented;
• Be a key participant during preparation of work plan and work closely with the technical team to prepare and monitor costed work plans;
• Establish and maintain WEI’s budget, financial management and tracking systems to ensure strong financial accountability;
• Provide accurate and timely financial information to the management and project team for decision making; and,
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures (documentation, administration and accountability of financial transactions);
• Minimum a Bachelor’s, preferred an advanced degree in accounting, finance or business administration;
• At least 8 years of relevant work experience, with at least 6 years management experience in financial management and/or accounting, preferred in an NGO setting;
• Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (mainly Excel);
• Quickbooks experience highly preferred;
• Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in Kinyarwanda, French and/or Swahili highly desired;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and training staff; and,
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters."
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply on career portal with cover letter and a CV. This position is subject to USAID funding allocation.
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at +1 617- 482-9485.
WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and wellbeing of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.