Economist, Economic Analysis (1 position)
National Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
13th March 2019
Date Posted: 1st march 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 250000 , Minimum: 175000 , Maximum: 750000 , Period: MONTH
Conducting economic analysis aimed at informing policy makers and helping NBR to become a world class central bank.
Key duties and responsibilities
• To conduct high-quality. Policy-oriented. Macro and micro-economic assessments:
• To advise on the design and implementation of economic analysis and research policies;
• To prepare and/or review economic reports:
• To participate in macroeconomic modelling and forecasting activities:
” To actively participate in the formulation and implementation of the Rwanda Macroeconomic Framework aimed at determining the medium-term path of the Rwandan economy; and
” To actively participate in the design and implementation of internal and external capacity
Education and Experience Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in economics or a master’s degree in economics;
Experience and/or in micro-economic analyses is an added advantage.
Skills and competencies required
” Thorough knowledge and understanding of economic developments in the country and
• Strong econometric/statistic skills:
• Good working knowledge of research and economic analysis techniques;
• Good quantitative. Analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
• Ability to facilitate and maintain positive stakeholder relationships:
Good planning and organization skills; and
• Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Maximum Age: 35 years
Candidates interested in the above vacant positions are required to complete the online application form available on BNR website: www.bnr.rw/careers. The completed BNR Job Application form together with copies of the required degrees. Certificates and national identity card should be submitted to:
• firstname.lastname@example.org for candidates interested in the position of Economist.
• Deadline for Application is 13th, March 2019 before 17:00 pm
Job application procedure