Employment Counselor Specialist (Under Contract)
Jobs at:Rwanda Public Procurement Authority (RPPA)
Deadline of this Job:
03 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
• Identify opportunities and plan outreach activities in collaboration with the Musanze Employment Service Centre (MESC) manager and the Musanze District Business Development and Employment Unit.
• Conduct outreach activities with the Mobile Employment Services buses.
• Match job seekers to companies/vacancies by pre-selecting candidates according to employers’ needs.
• Coordinate training activities within the Centre.
• Conduct individual and group career counseling and career guidance, with particular focus on female jobseekers.
• Conduct information sessions on job vacancies, CV writing, and interview skills, and job search strategy.
• Identify and inform about other available support schemes.
• Carry out pre-screening and pre-assessment of the registered jobseekers on kora for better placement services.
• Report weekly and quarterly to Centre Manager of MESC.
Master's Degree in Human Resource Management
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology
Master's in Economics
Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management
Bachelor's Degree in Development Studies
Master's Degree in Development Studies
Bachelor's Degree Labour Psychology
Mater's Degree in Psychology
Master's Degree in Sociology
Master's Degree in Social Work
Bachelor's Degree Social Work
Competency and Key Technical Skills
• Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
• Client/citizen focus
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Required relevant experience
• Experience in planning and coordination of activities.
• Experience in developing Career Guidance modules.
• Extensive knowledge in gender-sensitive counselling methods.
• Extensive facilitation skills to moderate discussions of small and larger groups (up to 20 persons).
• Profound knowledge in the conduction of trainings.
• Profound knowledge of the Rwanda labour market.
• Excellent knowledge of employability and application skills (CV writing, interview preparation, and job readiness skills).
• Excellent knowledge of using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of three languages is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.