Executive Assistant Strategy and Planning
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
02 July 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
The Work At The Foundation
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Planning, the Executive Assistant for the Head of Strategy and Planning will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to include the management of meeting/event scheduling, coordination of travel as well as support of Strategy and Planning staff for designated administrate tasks. He/she will lead coordination of Foundation internal matters in close alignment with other Executive Assistants and Foundation staff.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our country offices in Africa (Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda or South Africa)
Ways You Can Contribute
• Manage and coordinate internal and external events/meetings for the Head of Strategy & Planning - act as an effective ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the Head of Strategy & Planning.
• Prepare/coordinate talking points, pre-read materials and Agenda.
• Capture complete and detailed minutes of meeting, ensure timely distribution to attendees and related staff.
• Lead follow-up on post meeting/events actions to support Head of Strategy & Planning, designated staff.
• Coordinate logistics including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc.
• Manage and coordinate Head of Strategy & Planning travel arrangements, to include accommodation, ground/air transport, immigration/ Visa/immunization details.
• Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
• Support Strategy and Planning team in the following areas:
• Manage Strategy and Planning team calendar including prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts as required, leave and back-up schedules etc.
• Working closely with the office coordinator, coordinate logistics of project meetings and events including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc. for any Strategy and Planning team events.
• Facilitate internal communication within the Strategy and Planning team.
• Maintain in good order content of shared folders used by Strategy and Planning team.
• Compose routine correspondence to support Head of Strategy & Planning interaction with internal staff and external stakeholders.
• Support to coordinate and compile material for (Foundation) Board and SLT reporting.
• Support distribution of correspondence from Head of Strategy & Planning country/Regional staff.
• Organize and maintain documentation/files related to Head of Strategy & Planning and the Strategy and Learning team.
• Build, liaise and sustain relationships with Executive Assistants /offices for Mastercard Foundation key partners, stakeholders as designated by Head of Strategy and Planning.
• Provide backup to other Executive Assistant /Administrators of the Foundation as required.
Who You Are
• College Diploma or University Degree is required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role in a fast-paced environment with senior management. Regional experience preferred.
• Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills.
• Excellent planning and logistical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills in English; written and spoken, and ability to communicate in Kiswahili.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work consistently and effectively.
• Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to anticipate needs and requirements and to proactively act.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.