Jobs at:Right To Play Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization: Right To Play Rwanda
Work location: Kigali, Rwanda
Authorized to work in: Rwanda (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
Target Start Date: 01 May 2022
Contract Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding
Closing Date: 23rd March 2022
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
• Accept Everyone – Be Intentional About Inclusion
• Make Things Happen – Seek Opportunities To Lead And Innovate
• Display Courage – Act With Integrity
• Demonstrate Care – Look After Yourself And One Another
• Be Playful – Have Fun At Work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Finance Manager (FM). The incumbent is responsible for providing support to the FM in financial management tasks such as processing transactions, ensuring all transaction-supporting documents are complete and properly filed, reconciling bank accounts entries and preparing financial reports for local management.
Job Responsibility #1: Financial Accounting and Reporting (50% of Time)::
• Ensures that all documents are complete, with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment and filed accordingly.
• Ensures that all payments are processed on time.
• Oversees the daily management of financial transactions; assists the Finance Manager/ Officer in the monitoring and follow up of project finances in the country.
• Performs monthly petty cash count as well as petty cash spot checks
• Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests.
• Oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash.
• Assists in cash planning and forecast for the duty station.
• Responsible for elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cashbooks.
• Records all financial transactions into the Accounting management system.
• Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates them for review by the FM.
• Responsible for budget follow up and the checking of correct use of codes
• Assists the Finance Manager in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts.
Job Responsibility #2: Financial Implementation and compliance (45% of Time):
• Produces regular financial reports upon request.
• Timely review of the field Activity Financial Reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to FM.
• Provides assistance in internal and external audits.
• Ensures that an appropriate financial policy and procedures framework is in place to guide the Organisation's financial decision making.
• Ensures that he/she is abreast with the current grant conditions and complies with grant conditions.
• Supports FM on staff trainings on RTP rulers, policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• Supports FM to ensure that partners are aware and adhering to partnership manuals procedures.
• Follow up with Partners including field visits and ensure that all their reports, supporting documents are according to RTP and donor policies and procedures.
• Stays abreast on program priorities and makes occasional field trips to monitor finance related issues and procedures.
• Stays abreast on the latest development in tax and other related laws in the country; ensures that RTP complies with all Government statutory regulations including licensing payment of taxes and social security fund; ensures timely submissions of such deductions to the relevant authorities.
• Ensures all financial files are complete and up to date including National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Taxes.
Job Responsibility #3: Other Tasks as Assigned (5% of Time):
Minimum Qualifications (Must have):
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
1. 2 years’ experience in accounting or grant management.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Integrity and details focused
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
• Good analytical skill
• Ability to work with staff at all levels and across departments
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
• Good skill at using financial software applications
• Skilled in maintaining documentation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good knowledge of accounting practice, policies and procedures
1. Fluency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
Desired Qualifications (An Asset)
Previous work experience with an l/NGO
Who You Are:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills.
What You’ll Get:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply here to upload your resume and cover letter in English. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play.
We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance. We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at RwandaHR@righttoplay.com To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.