Finance & Grant Officer
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
20 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall financial activities of the project, including the accounting, invoicing, contracts management, procurement, and administrative activities Ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place and are in compliance with USAID and USG policies and procedures to meet generally recognized accounting standards Receive invoices from vendors, sub awardees and supplier, verify their accuracy and all supporting documentation before payment Prepare vendors and suppliers payments and ensure strict adherence to organizational procedures Record all transactions in the GFAS accounting system including Sub Awardees payments Ensure all checks issued by FHI 360 are shipped to Vendors or suppliers on time and receive their proper receipt Pre-Award Assessment: Participate in conducting pre-award assessments of potential grantees, particularly in examining financial risk, accounting, and administrative procedures for control of funds and expenditures, including appropriate reporting and authorities Review of financial reports – Review sub awardee financial reports for accuracy and in line with project projection by comparing expenditures against the original project budget. Assist technical staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities. Financial site visits – Conduct site visits to sub-awardees and assess financial and contractual issues and discuss any gaps in performance with the sub awardee. Tracking contractual compliance – Monitor compliance with each subaward terms and conditions including checking that spending is within the obligated funding amount and period of performance, adherence to reporting deadlines, and additional special award conditions. Communication with subrecipients –Establish a relationship with subrecipients through regular contact to facilitate/ uncover project challenges before they become serious, identify ways to help increase performance, and provides insights that provide valuable context during site visits. Audits Ensure subrecipient audits are conducted for sub awardees that meet the US Government threshold and FHI 360 is prime funder. Capacity building– Identify training needs for the sub-awardees and conduct capacity building as needed. Respond to queries from sub awardees in collaboration with technical teams.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum of 3 years in financial management experience
• QuickBooks experience strongly preferred
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
• Articulate, Professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Excellent organizational and written and oral communication skills
• Ability to travel to project field sites
• Fluency in written and spoken French and English required
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to pre-plan critical actions and carry out actions in an efficient and timely manner
• Track record of being a team player, ability to deal with multiple tasks, flexibility and getting critical tasks completed on time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow link https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Rwanda-Any/Finance---Grant-Officer_Requisition-2021201707
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.