Jobs at:Alliance for Healthy Communities
Deadline of this Job:
30th September 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Alliance for Healthy Communities (AHC), a Rwandan Non-Governmental Organization, is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening in the position of Finance Manager. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Finance Manager will be responsible for management of all aspects of the organization’s finance department. Duties include direct and oversight activities for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger maintenance. Day-to-day activities include managing financial transactions, overseeing the development and monitoring of budgets for grants, contracts and the overall agency budget; analyzing financial data to ensure efficient use of resources; ensuring compliance with organization, federal, and Rwanda laws, regulations and restrictions and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). .
• Analyzes complex financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining financial past performance and/or to project future performance.
• Oversees the preparation of and ensures that budget expenditures and grants and contracts are monitored and that financial reports are prepared to maintain balanced accounts.
• Prepares the month-end closing entries and journal entries. Prepares the monthly financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Ensures that the monthly financial reports are prepared and submitted to Executive Director in a timely manner.
• Prepares the monthly reconciliations of accounts and bank statements.
• Develops and oversees the maintenance of budget monitoring systems.
• Develops complex financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
• Monitors, identifies, and communicates over-expenditures to Executive Director and administrative staff.
• Keeps abreast of laws and regulations that apply to AHC financial management to maintain up-to-date compliance.
• Confers with Executive Director and AHC Finance advisor to ensure that required procedures are followed. Provides instructions and answers questions relating to budget procedures. Identifies budget issues, provides alternative solutions, and resolves problems.
• Monitors and approves expenditures throughout the budgetary period.
• Trains internal and sub-contracted personnel in finance procedures.
• And any other duty assigned to from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor's degree in accounting is mandatory; ACCA or CPA certifications preferred.
• Five years or more relevant work experience in accounting, preferably in NGO. Auditing experience is a plus.
• Hands-on experience in bookkeeping, accounting, journal entries, general ledger through financial statements, analysis and budget.
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, U.S. Government Uniform Guidance administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for federal awards, and Rwanda laws regarding grants and contracts.
• Working knowledge of fund accounting and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Highly detail oriented, organized, responsive and have good follow-through skills.
• Team player with strong leadership and analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task and supervise accounting staff.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and ability to work independently.
• Strong oral and written communicatin skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications are accepted until September 30th, 2019 at 23:59 PM. Only selected candidates will be contacted by phone and email for interview. Qualified candidates may submit a resume with 3 professional references, cover letter addressed to the Executive Director, certified copy of the academic degrees here. We will only consider applications submitted online. Also note that before signing the contract, the selected candidate will submit a valid criminal record. More on AHC, visit: www.ahcglobal.org or call: 0788386019..