Jobs at:Letshego Rwanda Limited
Deadline of this Job:
19th August 2019
Date Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB ADVERT Letshego Holdings Limited was incorporated in 1998; it’s headquartered in Gaborone and has been publicly listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE) since 2002. It is an inclusive finance-focused group with consumer, micro-lending and deposit-taking subsidiaries across sub-Saharan Africa. An opening has arisen within Letshego Rwanda Limited LRL for the below-mentioned position. This role is tenable at LRL. The Candidate will serve as a key member of the Country management team (CMC). The requirements of the role are outlined below: POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER a) Reports to: CEO Rwanda and Group Finance Manager (Botswana) b) Location: HEAD OFFICE (KIGALI RWANDA) Supervises: Financial Accountants, and Assistant Accountants c) Must-Have ACCA or CPA (Certified/ Completed) .
Management accounting and Reporting
• Review trial balance daily to ensure that all transactions from the core banking system (CBS) are transferred to the accounting system (Oracle);
• Review and approve all invoices captured in Oracle for payment;
• Review and approve all journal entries captured in oracle;
• Supervise the reconciliation of all suspense accounts daily and ensure that they are cleared timeously;
• Supervise and review the daily reconciliation of the loan book and deposit book between CBS and Oracle. Supervise and review the daily bank reconciliations;
• Perform a TB analysis monthly to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial information; perform a reasonableness check of interest income and expense monthly;
• Prepare monthly management accounts in the manner required by Group Finance;
• Supervise and review all balance sheet recons and supporting schedules, and maintain an audit file to support financial numbers;
• Maintain an up to date and accurate fixed assets register.
2. Budgeting and forecasting
• Be actively involved in the preparation of the country strategy;
• Drive the annual budgeting process and prepare the budget in line with the country strategy and in the manner required by Group;
• Engage country management in preparing forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
3. Cash flow forecast and liquidity
• Review branch cash holding on a daily basis and ensure cash is replenished or transferred to third party banks timeously;
• Review the deposits maturity analysis daily to ensure that adequate cash is available to honor cash requirements by customers;
• Prepare a cash flow forecast to determine cash needs and inform Group;
• Present to ALCO meeting the status of the company’s liquidity;
• Report to funders monthly/quarterly in line with the terms of the borrowings agreements.
4. Financial Reporting
• Prepare annual financial statements in line with international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and in the manner required by the company’s Act;
• Liaise with external auditors during the audit of financial statements;
• Liaise with the Group auditors during the half-year review, as well as the year-end audit;
• Prepare the financial input to the board pack and present the quarterly financial performance to the Board;
• Keep up to date with all relevant developments in IFRS.
• Calculate income tax and deferred tax monthly for adjustment of tax numbers in the GL (where applicable);
• Supervise and review VAT returns for declaration monthly and ensure declaration done as required by RRA;
• Supervise and review PAYE returns and RSSB returns monthly and ensure declaration done in line with RRA and RSSB requirements;
• Ensure correct taxes are paid within a stipulated time frame;
6. Regulatory reporting
• Review monthly regulatory returns to be submitted to the National Bank of Rwanda on a monthly basis;
• Review the deposit guarantee return to be submitted quarterly the National Bank of Rwanda, and ensure the correct premium is paid.
• Calculate prudential ratios (Liquidity, CAR) on a monthly basis and advise management regarding compliance with these;
• Maintain a calendar of key dates for tax returns and tax payments, regulator returns and requirement, and ensure compliance;
• Document and monitor compliance with debt covenants;
• Develop and update finance policies and procedure for CMC and Board approval
8. Coaching and supervision
• Coach and supervise the finance staff;
• Finance staff training and development.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Send your CV & Degree to email@example.com Must put the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do this, your application will not be considered. Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews