Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2020
Date Posted: Friday, January 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Convention Bureau (RCB) is a private company incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda. The company was established in 2016 with a mandate of marketing and promoting Rwanda as a MICE destination, identifying MICE investment Opportunities. RCB has a firm sales and marketing mandate that has enabled Kigali to rank number 2 in Africa as a Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions, and Events (MICE) destination according to the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) 2019 report. As a destination Marketing Company, RCB represents the best interests of Rwanda’s MICE industry stakeholders and offers free impartial advice, guidance, and support to regional and international event planners and buyers, and incentive, association and convention organizers through every stage. RCB also serves as the coordinator for all Government of Rwanda (GoR) events and ensures positive economic contribution to the economy, delivering international standards. .
• Coordinate financial management and accounting services;
• Check and approve expenditure requisition forms, purchase orders and payments to all RCB suppliers;
• Review accounting entries and ensure that they are well entered and posted in the cash books;
• Review Bank Reconciliation of all RCB Accounts and sign them off;
• Prepare reconciliation of all balance sheet items;
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for Management and Board and ensure reporting deadlines are met;
• Ensure that the installed accounting system is effective and operational and ensure that it produces the needed reports by the Bureau;
• Ensure timely payments to suppliers including salaries, taxes and other statutory deductions;
• Produce Accountability Reports for all events coordinated and managed by RCB on behalf of the Government of Rwanda and other events organizers in time;
• Participate in the preparation of annual work plans and annual budgets of the Bureau;
• Carry out a continuous review of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations;
• Prepare the necessary records for Internal and external audits;
• Coordinate the internal and external audit process as need would be and implement Audit recommendations.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree in Finance or related field from an accredited university
• At least 5 years of working experience in Finance field at a managerial level
• Holding a professional Certified Public Accountant certificate. ACCA, CPA shall be an added advantage
• Ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work well with various internal and external stakeholders
• A multi-tasker with the ability to handle various tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of RCB.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.