Jobs at:University of Kigali
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University of Kigali (UoK) is one of the leading private higher institutions of learning in Rwanda. It is a fully Accredited Chartered University by the Government of the Republic of Rwanda. UoK started its operations in October 2013 upon receiving a definitive license to operate as a private University in Rwanda.
We are looking to fill the position of Finance Manager who will be responsible for reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts. The Finance Manager will also be in charge of investigating ways of improving profitability and analyzing the dynamics in the market .
• Track the University's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the University.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to Senior Management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
• Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, managers, and clients in formal meetings.
• Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the University.
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Establishing and developing relations with senior management, external partners and stakeholders.
• Ensure appropriate cash flow for the organization’s operations.
• Providing leadership, direction, and management to the finance and accounting team
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Must be a CPA (K) or a CPA (R)
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized University.
• Bachelor’s degree in business (preferably Accounting or Finance Option) from a recognized University.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly advanced excel, and accounting packages such as Quick books Microsoft Dynamics, ACCPAC etc.
• High level of integrity and confidentiality.
• MUST have a minimum of at least five (5) years’ experience as a Chief Accountant or Finance Officer
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills both oral and in writing.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should submit an application package that includes the following:
• A cover letter;
• A comprehensive CV giving details of three referees;
• Copies of the academic credentials with transcripts and any other testimonials;
Please address your application to the Vice-Chancellor University of Kigali and send it to email@example.com not later than 3rd March 2020 at 5:00 PM. ONLY Online applications will be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.