Jobs at:Youth Development Labs
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
YLabs Rwanda is seeking a part-time Finance Manager to join our global operations team. You will play a critical role as YLabs continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. A successful candidate will be a hands-on, participative contributor and will lead ﬁnancial management and the reporting of ﬁnancial data for YLabs Rwanda operations. This is an opportunity for an emerging ﬁnance leader to support the growth of an innovative, high-impact organization.
This role is supported by our wider operations team and supervised by our Senior Operations Manager with oversight by YLabs’ CFO, Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
This is a part-time position which requires the ability to legally work in Rwanda. This role will be expected to work twenty hours per week (eighty hours per month). This role is based in Kigali, Rwanda. Given the current circumstances due to COVID-19, our oﬃce is subject to occupancy guidelines and much of the work can be conducted remotely. We are open to this role being a part-time position with eligibility for beneﬁts, or a contract position.
About Ylabs’ Compensation
YLabs adheres to Project Fair’s principles and standards to establish equity in pay with the overriding principle of “equal pay for work of equal value” outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals. All salary ranges are based on level within the organization and are competitive to regional and national salary benchmarks, based on the respective oﬃce location.
The pay range for this part-time position is RWF 7,500,000 - RWF 9,937,500, per year gross commensurate with experience.
• Lead and execute on all accounting activities related to YLabs Rwanda’s monthly close, with support from additional ﬁnance contractors and Operations staﬀ
• Lead and execute monthly payroll, tax declarations and payments
• Support with organizational annual budget development activities and run monthly reports to track budget to actuals
• Manage YLabs Rwanda’s accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, including processing payments and vendor management and communication
• Manage YLabs petty cash system, including requests and reporting
• Lead our annual YLabs Rwanda audit
• Ensure our organization remains compliant with local tax requirements
• Support grant and contract ﬁnancial reporting to our donors for YLabs Rwanda projects, with support from our Operations team
• Support YLabs’ organization-wide monthly close and ﬁnancial reporting activities
• Collaborate with our Operations team to design and implement ﬁnancial policies and procedures that strengthen our organization's ﬁnancial processes
• An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills; experience in eﬀectively communicating key data to senior management, the board of directors, and/or other outside partners
• Highly detail oriented
• Able to simplify and communicate complex ﬁnancial concepts to individuals at all levels including ﬁnance and non-ﬁnance managers
• Able to independently navigate between executing day-to-day accounting and ﬁnancial tasks
• Excited by the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary, diverse global team
• An eﬃcient prioritizer who can manage and eﬀectively delegate multiple tasks and priorities
• A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will be responsible for YLabs Rwanda’s ﬁnance management, in partnership with the Senior Operations Manager, CFO and Executive Director
• Curious and forward-looking with keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• Flexible, adaptable, and level-headed in light of changing circumstances and scenarios
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to YLabs’ mission
• BA/BS or higher degree in business, nonproﬁt ﬁnancial management or accounting, preferred
• Four or more years of experience managing ﬁnances for Rwandan entities; non-proﬁt experience a plus
• A track record in ﬁnancial management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is preferred
• Solid experience leading or participating in annual audit activities and managing reporting, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
• Experience developing and analysing organizational budgets and can provide detailed review of new project and program budgets
• Experience of ﬁnal responsibility for the quality and content of all ﬁnancial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or signiﬁcant program area
• Sound knowledge of Rwandan tax and legal compliance requirements
• Demonstrated skill in providing a high level of service to multiple customers
• Proﬁciency with Quickbooks accounting software, spreadsheets and data management systems required
• Familiarity with grant compliance, audit, and reporting, though support will be provided
• Ability to develop and maintain ﬁnancial models to inform strategic decision making and risk mitigation
• Strong technological ﬂuency to learn and utilize tools and software to improve our ﬁnancial systems
• Experience managing and/or training staﬀ in multiple global regions
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Finance Manager - RW. All of your information will be kept conﬁdential according to EEO guidelines.
This posting will be open for three weeks from May 13 to June 3. Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. YLabs recognizes the eﬀort that goes into submitting an application; all candidates will be notiﬁed of their application status once the hiring process begins.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.