Jobs at:Jali Transport Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We Are Hiring A Finance Manager
JALI Transport Limited (JTL) is a subsidiary of JALI Investment Limited. Jali Transport ltd was created to provide immediate and long term solutions to transportation needs in City of Kigali and the rest of Rwanda.
Vision: To be the most reliable professional transport services provider in Rwanda
Mission: To provide sustainable and most efficient transport services in Rwanda
JTL’s primary objective is to improve travel conditions for public transport users in Rwanda and more enjoyable on-board environment for the passengers.
As such, our activities include the following:
a) Providing direct transportation services to the public such as:
• Organizing transport systems in our areas of control
• Ensuring that all areas are provided with adequate vehicles.
• Ensuring that the standard of our services adhere to the general rules and procedures governing public transport sector.
b) Providing solutions to the current public transport problems such as increased traffic congestion in the city by replacing coasters and mini buses with larger city buses.
To make our mission and vision a reality, the wishes to recruit a qualified, experienced, talented, capable, and dedicated Finance manager with the following details:
We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough finance manager to be part of the management team of Jali Transport Limited. The finance manager will primarily ensure compliance with corporate, finance and accounting policies, business controls, procedures and reporting. He / She will also provide sound business decision-making support to other senior members of the organization through the accurate monitoring, reporting and analyzing of financial results and projections
The job holder will provide timely proactive financial evaluation, information and advice that enable the operations to develop and execute effective plans and take informed decisions. The Finance manager will interact with and provide support to the operations and HR to ensure seamless resolution of issues.
I. Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Financial Accounting and Reporting
• To manage the organization of the accounting team
• Together with his team, to define the schedule with strict deadlines for legal or financial reasons
• Set up and maintain a robust accounting system (Chart of accounts)
• Ensure everything is done in observation of the IFRS
• Doing the accounting entries with duly supporting documents
• To be in charge of the organization during the closing of the accounts
• Preparing annual financial reports, in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Preparing monthly management accounts and reviewing support schedules.
• Monitoring and analyzing financial reports and records to identify any trend and act accordingly
• To chief and supervise the reconciliation of both the bank accounts and the balance sheet accounts
• Make sure all the sales are duly banked and recorded
• Proper management of the payables
2. Of the asset register and related entries
• Being in close relationship with the asset manager for the exactness of the cost, depreciations and otherwise arising from the asset management.
• verify and account for the depreciation, revaluation, and disposal if any.
• Make sure the assets are only used for the good of the company and avoid any form of misappropriation.
• Verify the monthly payroll for the management to approve
• Supervise the payments for the management to approve
• Send the payment to the bank for the payments
4. Budget (preparation and monitoring)
• Preparation of the budget (both recurrent and capital) to be approved by the management
• Monitor the budget for execution and recommendation
• Review the budget when it becomes due
5. Internal Controls
• Controlling chart of accounts by monitoring access rights in the accounting system.
• Maintaining adequate systems of internal controls needed to safeguard assets, ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with policies and procedures
• Propose updates to keep the control in form
6. Taxation and Statutory Returns
• Ensuring accurate calculation, payment and submission of company statutory deductions in a timely manner and as per the relevant legislation.
• Ensuring withholding tax is properly calculated and remitted on behalf of third parties.
• Coordinating, preparing and submitting statutory returns and payments.
• Managing and reviewing audits of VAT returns and subsequent refund claims from RRA as per the VAT Act.
7. People and Relationship Management
• Monitor and mentor/train staff in his team
• Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively
• Exercising sound management and leadership skills.
• Ensuring a strong focus on building the capacities of the team
• Monitoring the productivity and effectiveness of direct reports.
• Providing internal and external auditors with financial reports, documents and any other assistance as required.
• Performing any other duty as it may be assigned by the management
II. Requirements And Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting (A Master’s degree is an advantage)
• At least 3 years of experience in the same or similar position
• Proven experience in reporting both managerial and external
• Conversant with IFRS
• Proven experience in QuickBooks and MS office, especially Excel
• Proven experience in creation, updating and management of a sound chart of account
• Very good at financial modelling
• Proven experience in reconciliation (Bank and other balance sheet accounts)
• Attentive to details and committed to deadlines
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
• Extensive corporate and personal tax experience
• Working under less or no supervision
• Good command of English and Kinyarwanda (Knowledge of French is an advantage)
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel to fit in the position described above, please send us your application in a single pdf file via email at email@example.com by or before Tuesday March 15, 2022 @5pm Kigali time.
Application documents should enclose the following:
• Application letter addressed to Managing Director
• Detailed CV with three references
• Copy of the certified degree
• Copy of certificates both training and employment)
• Copy of Identification Card
Your subject should read “Application To The Position Of Finance Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please contact 0788484284 or 0788533080.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.