Jobs at:University of Kigali
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, October 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University of Kigali, one of the leading Higher Learning Institutions in Rwanda is looking to fill the position of a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the budget planning, budget execution, financial performance reporting, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports to allow management to make the best business decisions.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration.
• Lead the Budget preparation and execution for the University
• Prepare Quarterly and end of year financial reports for the University including P&L and the Balance sheet
• Track the University's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
• Lead initiatives for minimising financial risk to the University.
• Prepare monthly cashflow forecasts
• Provide insightful information and expectations to Senior Management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
• Present financial reports to Board members, stakeholders, Management, and clients in formal meetings.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the University.
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Establish and develop relations with senior management, external partners, and stakeholders.
• Providing leadership, direction, and management to the finance and accounting team
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the University such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
• Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Attributes
• Must be a CPA (R) or a CPA (K) qualified
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business Area (preferably Accounting or Finance Option) from a recognised University.
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting of Business Administration from a recognized University will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly advanced excel, and accounting packages such as Quick books, Microsoft Dynamics, ACCPAC, etc.
• High level of integrity and confidentiality.
• MUST have Minimum of at least five (5) years’ experience as a Chief Accountant or Finance Officer
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills both oral and in writing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should submit an application package that includes the following: (1) A cover letter; (2) A comprehensive CV giving details of three referees; (3) Copies of the academic credentials with transcripts and any other testimonials; Please address your application to the Vice Chancellor University of Kigali and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8th November 2021 at 5:00 PM. Only Online applications will be accepted."
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.