Jobs at:A Partner in Education (APIE)
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A Partner in Education (APIE) is a small charity with a simple mission: to facilitate sustainable, locally-led programmes of teacher training in Rwanda, to ensure that every child has access to inclusive, high-quality education. For more information see A Partner in Education and Umubano Academy.
We are looking for a part-time Finance Officer who will be based in Kigali. The Finance Officer will manage APIE’s finances across the UK, the USA, and Rwanda. The post holder will report to the Executive Director of Education. The role is part-time, working 20 hours a week. Some degree of flexibility will be needed, e.g. spending more hours during peak periods such as month end and when we have quarterly project reporting deadlines and less time during mid-month quiet periods.
• Making transfers and payments from the bank, online banking, and using petty cash. Paying invoices and making purchases in line with APIE’s Finance manual, with authorisation from the Executive team, and careful record keeping of all transactions
• Appropriate disbursement and accounting of international funds in GBP, RWF, and USD, including managing transfers between the UK, US, and Rwanda
• Book keeping on Xero including inputting annual budgets, posting manual journal entries, inputting month end data, uploading receipts, and reconciliation with bank statements
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including budget variance, profit and loss, and balance sheets, as well as consolidated reports and accompanying notes for presentation at Board meetings (in English)
• Preparing monthly payroll (Rwanda only) and paying salaries
• Filling monthly taxes, making RRA declarations and bank payments
• Support with project and annual budget preparations
• Collecting quotes from outside organisations e.g. for insurance renewals, provision of services and products, ensuring procurement processes are followed
• Producing and maintaining other financial reports and claim forms in different formats as required by funders
• Responsible for petty cash purchases, reimbursements, and record keeping
• Preparing information for external auditors in order to produce annual accounts, meeting RRA compliance and UK compliance requirements
• Maintaining up to date databases related to finance including APIE’s asset inventory
• Any other tasks as requested by the CEO
• Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in Financial Management or Accounting
• Qualified professional accountant (ACCA, ICPAR, CPA) with a minimum of two years’ experience
• Book keeping skills including knowledge of Xero Accountancy software
• Extensive knowledge of excel
• ICT skills, particularly in relation to online banking and making RRA declarations
• Fluent in English
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and analytic skills in English and Kinyarwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your condensed CV (2x A4 pages maximum) and a letter of application to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Finance Officer’ by 25th September 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Start date ASAP. Two full references to be supplied prior to appointment.
PDF icon APIE Finance Officer 2021a9d031e1a7103f1520ff40c3b2a291ae.pdf
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.