Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2020
Date Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO. .
Reporting to the Finance & Accounting Lead, the Finance Partner will oversee all financial aspects of our program partnerships including due diligence, budgeting, controls, reporting and contracting. This is an opportunity to influence and support our growth across Africa in co-ordination with our hub in Toronto. The successful candidate will also be the primary Finance contact for the Country Program teams. As such, the individual must be highly motivated, innovative, and results-oriented, with strong listening skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Manage the full cycle of Finance program partner contracts, i.e. Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion.
• Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, and Canadian regulatory requirements.
• Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
• Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
• Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
• Monitor program spend against budget and provide analysis and recommendations on proposed changes.
• Ensure there are adequate business controls with the programs to ensure the safeguarding of the Foundation’s assets
• Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements, e.g. Canada Revenue Agency standards, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws, etc.
• Travel within country and elsewhere as required 10%.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
WHO YOU ARE
• A relevant University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field. Finance/Accounting designation or in progress.
• Minimum 5 – 7 years of progressive financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Previous work in the development sector an asset.
• Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
• Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem
• Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for applications is October 16, 2020
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Foundation and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We appreciate your interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mastercardfoundation/jobs/4904107002
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.