Finance and Administration Director
Jobs at:Abt Associates Inc
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Administration Director
USAID Facilitate Investment Required for Sustainable Export (FIRST) Activity
Abt Associates, a global leader in implementing technical assistance programs and research in the fields of economic growth, agriculture, social and environmental policy, and climate change, seeks highly qualified candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Rwanda Facilitate Investment Required for Sustainable Export (FIRST) Activity which aims to increase agricultural exports through 1) facilitation of inclusive policy reforms using evidence-based analyses and strengthened advocacy capacity of private sector organizations; and 2) support local actors (government and private sector) to attract, mobilize and direct public and private financing resources towards productive priority projects.
The Finance and Administration (F&A) Director is responsible for the efficient and effective management of all aspects of project operations and provides operational, administrative, and logistical leadership for Abt corporate functions including human resources, finance, and contracts. The F&A Director will report to the Chief of Party and supervise accountant, project finance, a grants manager and support staff.
The F&A Director and project team will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and the position is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates. .
• Provide primary oversight and in-country leadership for all administrative, operational, and financial activities, including contract administration, project finance including projections and reconciliations, human resources, procurement, subcontracting, grant management, legal, security, space management, inventory, information technology, and office equipment and supplies.
• Establish and implement the project’s financial, administrative, and reporting/tracking systems and support functions required for sound management of project financial and material resources, in adherence to both US government and Abt Associates policies.
• Oversee financial reporting and analysis; Oversee/prepare budgets and revenue plans for project plans/programming and corporate reporting; and oversee/prepare budgets and financial reports for project deliverables as required over the course of project implementation.
• Ensure the financial and administrative integrity of all business transactions. Establish systems to ensure compliance and enforcement.
• Develop and institute procedures for logistical support of all project activities (local and international travel, procurement, management of office premises; support for local and international STTA).
• Lead the development and coordination of (operational, finance) training to field personnel (e.g. timesheets, start-up training for ROV procedures, etc.) and guide project staff in operations and finance-related areas.
• Oversee project finance and operations officers' incorrect use of the financial system and accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial reports and cash projections.
• Serve as the project’s human resources manager, responsible for leading the recruitment, development, promotion, and separation of staff, in consultation with the Project Manager.
• Conduct risk analyses, initiate improvements, review non-pricing risk factors such as conflict of interest, and develop solutions.
• Oversee the issuance of RFQs for local procurements, receive and analyze bids, and assist in negotiating final agreements with the vendors selected in accordance with input from a home office.
• Issue purchase orders or subcontract/grant agreements, depending on the nature of the procurement.
• Ensure the proper inventory control and recording of procurements. Including leading teams to conduct semi-annual physical inventory review, recording any losses or damaged furnishings or equipment, and keeping track of documentation for annual property and/or other reports to USAID.
• Ensure adherence to local laws and policies such as those related to procurement, labor, and taxes.
• Oversee and monitor opening, closing, and management of bank accounts.
• Oversee the project’s vehicle pool and ensure procedures for the operation, maintenance, and scheduling of project vehicles are in place and followed.
• Directly supervise and manage the performance of the project’s administrative and support teams that may include finance, IT officers, and program/office assistants, receptionists, and drivers.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree and six to eight years’ experience or Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience in finance, business, accounting, or other relevant fields, and at least five years of experience managing finance and administration for international development programs in Rwanda.
• Deep working knowledge of contractual management of USAID and/or other international donor contracts and cooperative agreements.
• Demonstrated capacity to network and communicate orally and in writing to stakeholders at multiple levels in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience building and leading teams, and supervising personnel.
• Fluency in English required.
Job Education Requirements: Masters Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 6-8 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates may send a CV and cover letter to RwandaJobs@abtassoc.com
Please include the position title and “Rwanda FIRST” in the subject line of the email. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 24 June 2020. Rwandan nationals are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.